The 1Loan (Brokers)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Family member just rang me to say that they have been to Barclays Bank this morning, to change their Debit cards, as an unauthorised payment of near £60 WAS TAKEN FROM THEIR ACC,

The bank changed the cards for them straight away but they would not /could not do a Chargeback of the monies for them and advised to contact the co and either cancel, or request a refund of the monies, through the co procedures.

This has apparently occurred as relation was looking for finance on the site of co but did not complete the form nor authorise the co to take any funds and signed out of the site prior to completion.

I would have thought Barclays should have done an immediate chargeback from the co and placed monies back into relations acc.

I know and have seen the cancellation conditions stated by the co and the Cancellation procedure under the Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regs 2004 right to cancel within 14 days. By writing to them at:

The 1loan, Beechfield House, Winterton Way, Lyme Green Business Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 0LP

All advice/info will as usual be gratefully received as to:

1. Address above

2.The limited action/lack of by the Bank.

3. Which will be the better of the courses of action to take, to get the monies back/reimbursed asap, which to my way has been taken with no authorisatation from their acc.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Bank is wrong. It can be refunded immediatelt while they investigate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

renegadeimp,

Thank you for your as ever swift reply.

I would have thought that they should have done an immediate chargeback, they have said that no other brokers/ companies can access the acc, as they have blocked it now. Think I will tell them to get back at the bank and again request the immediate chargeback.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Check the cpa sticky in the pdl forums. First post contains 2 links with the most recent fsa guidelibes/regulations that the banks must abide by.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you once again,

I have just spoken to relative and they have spoken to the bank about an hour ago and they are sticking to their No can do chargeback, they cannot and they will not, even if they made a formal complaint.

I will take a look at the guidlines from the FCA.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

You need to speak to a manager not a muppet. If they still refuse, DEMAND they put it in writing as well as employee name, position and ID, as you will be contacting their CEO and making formal complaints to the FCA.

Hello All,

The unauthorised:-x payment taken by the brokers appears to be a one off fee, not sure if it comes within the remit of a CPA complaint procedure, but it was still taken without authority from relation.

Perhaps as at #1 Distance Marketing regs.

#6 from renegadeimp is my choice but relation is a bit reticent at taking the bank on.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Thats up to the relation then. There have been a number of threads on CAG where loan brokers take fee's without prior notification, and claim it's in the t&c's. A good few have been successful in claiming back the charges as they were not stated outright and were hidden, and indeed they were unauthorised. However, it always amazes me how people are willing to give their bank and debit card details to a random website, especially ones with dubious names such as 1loan or loans4u

renegadeimp,

You are so right and I completely agree with you.

The fact that the on line application was not completed and was terminated by my relation, is the main reason I want to proceed as far as we can go.

After reading a little more it appears that these companys apparently are in business to trap people who change their mind during the initial process and the process goes ahead even after they, in their mind have cancelled the procedure, this really smacks of criminal activity and in particular fraud.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Hello All,

Sending E-mail today and signed for del letter with RM tomorrow with the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have not and do not, authorise you to provide any services for/to me and I have not authorised, nor proceeded with, nor completed any application with you, to proceed with making unauthorised withdrawls from my account.

This activity must cease forthwith and all monies taken, must be reimbursed immediately. Any further attempts at taking unauthorised monies from my account will be met, by making complaints to the Financial Conduct Authority and all relevant regulatory bodies, not excluding the Police. This action will of course incur extra charges for your company.

To date you have taken without authorisation the sum of £**.** To save further action being taken against you, these monies must be reimbursed immediately to the following address.

I expect a favourable answer within seven days of the receipt of this letter.

Let's see what/if reply they come up with.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Hello All,

This is the response re #10 received today via e-mail.

Signed for del letter received by them 1016 am today.

We have received your letter in the post and your refund will be processed accordingly.

Please be advised all refunds are processed within 30 days and are made via card reversal, so it is your duty to inform us if at any point during the 30 day cancellation period you cancel your card.

Jordon

Customer Services.

My reply will be: Please read my letter again, you have already caused serious problems with my account and please read again where I want my refund to be processed to. Do not ignore this, it will not go away.

All comments/advice will be as usual greatly appreciated.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

• 4 months later...

Hello All,

What a fiasco trying to nail this lot down, who have now apparently vanished from the business world.

Complaint to FOS as company were not replying to letters sent to them, the FOS were dealing with apparently hundreds of complaints re these characters.

The FOS advised to contact Barclays and request an immediate chargeback from them, Barclays of course refused point blank over the phone so letter of complaint sent to Barclays who investigated and sent some forms out to us.

The FCA apparently have strict instructions/regulations as the Banks are obliged to apply to customers written requests for immediate charge backs, for this type of mal practice by companies such as The1loan or whatever they call themselves now.

Contacted Barclays Chargeback Analysts at DCSA Customer Care enquiring as to why they had not responded to my letter/forms I had sent and when they were going to Chargback my monies taken by The1loan.

Surprise surprise they agreed over the phone to apply an "immediate chargeback" and a little bit more for the inconvenience of having to wait etc.

I have dealt with Barclays previously about chargebacks and they do not seem to have a constant consistent reply/procedure, even after having conversations with managers, they love to send countless numbers of time consuming paper/forms to fill in and send them to another dept hoping you will give up the chase. I find dealing with them to be frustrating and I am convinced that it is a ploy of the Bank. On previous occasions they have applied an immediate chargeback over the phone and then some days/weeks later they take it back from your account and it starts over again. Calling them dysfunctional is not strong enough a term.

All comments will as usual be greatly appreciated.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

By telling you to fill in forms like that, barclays are already in violation of guidance/regulation. They can chargeback immediately then investigate, they should not make you fill in a form first, then investigate.

renegadeimp,

I have had mixed reactions from Barclays staff re chargebacks on many occasions, they are either ignorant of the regs or they are deliberately being told to be

obstructive. There does not appear to be a standard retort from them re the chargeback procedure, some have been spot on others are a total shamble, upon asking Barclays staff for their names and ID etc when making complaint re chargebacks, they have become obstructive and are very reluctant to offer up their names etc. they definately have a policy for obstruction in making the chargebacks. They (IMHO) are shambolic in their Customer Service.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Take it out of the front desk monkeys hands and go higher up the chain. The law regarding chargebacks is on your side. Barclays think the rules do not apply to them. Look at the mess they helped create a few years ago and the world still hasnt recovered yet.,

You also need to get the FOS involved. Do everything you can to cover your back. You could even quote FCA information direct to them.

• 3 months later...

Hello All,

SUCCESS AT LAST!!

Letter received from Barclays.

Case Ref : **** ** AUGUST 2014

Tel No 0345 945 4545

Overseas: 0044 1928 584421

Fax number 01604 25 4474

Text Phone: 02476 53 4973

Dear Mrs*****

About your Disputed Transaction

Sort Code / Account No **************

Debit CARD Ending: ****

With reference to your dispute with WWW. THE1LOAN. CO UK for the amount of 58.99 GBP. We have completed our investigations and can confirm that your Account has been refunded in settlement of your dispute.

We hope that our response resolves your dispute and we will now make arrangements to close this case.

Yours Sincerely,

Your Barclays Team.

This Letter is the result of constant contacts with their Debit Card Operations Team, who do not seem to, or want to understand customers genuine complaints, regarding a despicable company of National notoriety and shady dealings. Barclays DCO team do not seem to know what other colleagues are doing, as one would authorise and give chargeback, only for it to be re debited, to some other commercial bank, who also were claiming monies from me re THE!LOANCOMPANY. The FOS were also involved and Barclays were informed in writing by them, that they had to make a chargeback.

All in all it was a pretty SHAMBOLIC effort from BARCLAYS. and it took fom May to December to resolve and chargeback my 58.99GBP.

"TAKE NOTE BARCLAYS"

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

AKA, BY EXAMPLE WE LEAD

Well done! Keep hold of that letter just incase they try anything to get it back :)

However, i would still inform the FCA and FOS. The amount of time you were denied your money is inexcusable.

jgj

as rene says, as seen in similar threads re these pie brokers trading as each others cousin company. some of them have their fingers in other such fee requiring services eg dvla licence renewal eg #13 here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?437190-Driving-Licence-Support.-website-spoofed-me-help.

the bankers always give a fuss, but end up paying, mostly.

from jan, these brokers will need express written authority to take such fees. bye bye loan brokers