Erudio Still fighting them

Pluthero
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

Been following these threads and others as I am in the same leaky boat :(

I have sent Erudio the template letter (not their own forms) requesting deferment and three months payslips as I usually did with the SLC.

Sent it by recorded mail.

They completely ignored it and sent me out a new erudio application form saying my own form was undated and unsigned (it WAS both dated and signed by me.)

I set up a hotmail account to deal with them faster

(no way I would use my real one with these people)

will be sending all email correspondence by recorded mail also as backup.

I told them I would not be using their form as it was invasive etc and they had enough info to defer me.

Also stated I had no other SECRET income and would happily pay back the loan if I was over the £28k threshold.

I am being nice.

Also sent a CCA request by recorded mail as advised on various forums.

As it stands they said this:

'We can confirm that we have not received your signed deferment pack in our office,

and we are not able to accept a signed letter from yourself for deferment applications

10/10 pluthero

keep it up.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Update.

I am in same situation as Zaly.

Have received the letter saying they are dealing with my complaint,

I have not received my CCa request response.

However I have received a request for payment letter which tells me they have automated systems just sending letters

and have not set up a case file to deal with my complaint.

Wrote them a stern letter detailing my DISTRESS and how I am feeling HARRASSED about their whole inadequate process.

Mentioned the recent WONGA/SLC press about unfair practices and told them to look up the Ferguson V British Gas verdict from 2009 about similar tactics.

Am waiting till they respond to my complaints and then will sent all details to FOS as I don't expect Erudio to defer me any time soon.

I may have to take them to court for breach of contract - any one on here have any advice about this course of action?

Many thanks and keep fighting the good fight.

• 2 weeks later...

No real need for a new thread, in similar position to Zaly and posted in this one previously.

I have recieived my original credit agreements. Someone on another thread has said they needed to be counter signed by someone from the SLC back when I took them out or they are void, Is this true? How would I find this out? Only one of my three loans has been counter signed.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
No real need for a new thread, in similar position to Zaly and posted in this one previously.

I have recieived my original credit agreements. Someone on another thread has said they needed to be counter signed by someone from the SLC back when I took them out or they are void, Is this true? How would I find this out? Only one of my three loans has been counter signed.

Thanks

the idea of your own thread

is to publicise the scale of the issues with rodeo.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

A few thoughts. Just seen/remembered that above post about the woman who had the loans registered with CRA's. Not sure how true this is as have heard of no one else having had this done.

@Zaly Send a complaint to the FCA. They do not deal with individual complaints as such BUT if we get enough people complaining you never know they might have a look at ERUDIO. I emailed them @ [email protected]

and started my complaint :

I understand that the FCA does not handle individual complaints against company’s but I want to put on record my problems with Erudio Student Loans handling of the deferment process of my student loan. I believe if enough people complain about their conduct the FCA may be able to take action. Below is a brief outline of my complaint that I have lodged with the FOS....

They replied :

Thank you for your email dated 23 September 2014, making us aware of your complaint against Erudio Student Loans. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have been experiencing.

As the regulator of the financial services industry in the UK, we are grateful for you raising your complaint with us. I note that you are aware that the FCA has no authority to become involved in complaints on an individual basis and you have contacted the Financial Ombudsman Service in this respect.

I can confirm that Erudio Student Loans Limited are regulated by the FCA to undertake consumer credit activities. I have passed the information you have given on to our supervisory team within the FCA for their information, although I should explain that The FCA will not be able to confirm the progress of any investigation we may undertake.

This is because the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 requires us to keep this information confidential. I understand this can be frustrating but please be assured that all information we receive is carefully considered.

Thank you for writing to us.

Still awaiting the FOS to get back to me :(

Also there is a lawyer Anthony Reeves (posts on MN and MSE)who is considering taking on Erudio cases on a Pro Bono basis. Think he is some kind of expert in contract law and has become very interested in this whole Erudio omnishambles.

So reasons to be cheerful :)

• 2 months later...

Dunno if you folks follow any MSE Erudio threads but there has been some MOVEMENT in the Erudio position.

One poster has been deferred without signing the Erudio DAF

[although they had to get a lawyer to force Erudio to do this]

Other posters have been deferred after FOS complaints about Earnings/threshold/income evidence.

There is also reports of Erudio compiling and new DAF with no CRA threats but not 100% certain of this.

Until I see it I wont believe it.

Think someone in authority has told Erudio to cut the Cr*p.

The end of this utter farce is in sight and it is as dx100uk has said all along :

they are lowlife DCA chancers with no legal leg to stand on.

there is more as well

but until we here on CAG see it we cannot confirm it.

the problem is

and its the same with mumsnet threads

everyone ran away from CAG to those sites as I didn't move from the stance I adopted from the very first post about this Arrows buyout Debacle.

and people sadly didn't like it.

just wait.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi all Dx asked me to start a new threadlink3.gif.

Story so far is

I have been fighting Erudio since 1 may 2014.

I refuse to use their Phishing DAF (deferment application Form) and it went to foslink3.gif level.

SEE below for FOS reply.

This may seem like a long time but Erudio are SO bad at answering complaints (or indeed most emails or letters)

a few months of that was silence and threat o grams on their endsmile.png

Reminds of something Ghandi said:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Here is the FOS response to my complaint.

It was a bit inadequate to say the least and have asked them to take it further.

My FOS complaint has been upheld. Yet it still feels like I lostfrown.gif

Here is the outcome:

Dear Mr Trapped in an unwanted Faustian pact with devils.

The basis of your complaint relates to the business’ failure to defer your student loan.

You are also not satisfied with the business’ request for you to complete a Deferment Application Form (DAF)

and that details of your loan will be reported to credit reference agencies.

You are also concerned that it will be registered as a ‘payment holiday’ on your credit file which could adversely affect your credit rating.

A request to defer the loan was originally made by you on 1 May 2014,

however, you did not submit the standard DAF requested by the business.

As such, the deferment was not processed at this time.

You stated that you were concerned by the volume of information being requested in the DAF which you considered to be irrelevant.

This was explained in a letter to the business and instead of completing the DAF, you submitted information

i.e. evidence of your income that you considered was relevant and consistent with the information

you had provided previously to the Student Loans Company.

The business responded to you on 19 May 2014 and sent you another DAF to complete

– the business did not, however, respond to any of the points you had highlighted in your letter

nor explain to you why the information you had submitted was insufficient to process the deferment.

On 29 May 2014, you made a formal complaint to the business about your loan not being deferred.

A response was sent to you by the business on 12 August 2014, two and a half months later.

At this time, the deferment had still not been processed and to date, the situation has not changed.

In settlement, you would like the loan deferred and to be compensated for the inconvenience you have been caused.

Additionally, you do not want the deferment to be reported with credit reference agencies as a ‘payment holiday’

as this may have a negative impact on your credit rating.

Having considered the circumstances of your complaint, I am of the view that it should be upheld.

I do not consider that your enquiries and concerns were addressed appropriately

and your complaint was not responded to in a timely manner or in sufficiently clear terms.

Had this been done at outset, I am persuaded that a DAF could have been submitted and the deferment could have been processed without any delays.

With regard to the issue of the business reporting information about your deferred loan to credit reference agencies,

I would advise that Student Loans Company Limited (SLC) did not report regular information about the loans to credit reference agencies,

however, the terms and conditions of loans taken out between 1990 and 1997, as in your case,

did effectively permit the SLC (and subsequently Erudio Student Loans) to report information about loans,

including whether they are in deferment, up to date, in arrears or in default – it simply elected not to do so.

Therefore, in reporting information about loans to credit reference agencies,

the business is not acting outside the terms and conditions and these have not changed.

With regard to loans taken out from 1998, disclosure will only occur if the account is in arrears or default.

Borrowers with these loans are being offered the option to consent for their up to date accounts to be reported.

If consent is withheld, these loans will not be reported to credit reference agencies unless they are in default or in arrears.

As I have stated, however, this only relates to loans taken out from 1998.

I understand your sentiments regarding this, however, this office is satisfied that the permitted level of reporting is not unreasonable

provided the information is an accurate reflection of the account.

Regarding your concerns as to the completion of the DAF,

I would advise that if the completion of this is required by the business in order to defer the loan, then you will need to do so.

We are unable to enforce the business to defer the loan without the completion of the DAF.

The business has advised that deferments are going to be reported with the credit reference agencies as payment holidays

and I understand your concerns in respect of this.

According to Experian, however, provided these are reported as a ‘u’ in the monthly status report,

it should not have a negative impact on credit scores.

I hope this mitigates any concerns that you may have in respect of this. (The use of the word SHOULD really does not fill me with much confidence.)angry-smiley-030.gif

For your information, the business has advised that it has or is in the process of updating its deferment policy.

It is also currently working on a new DAF with clearer wording

As I have explained, it is my view that your complaint should be upheld.

In settlement, it is my recommendation that once a DAF is submitted and accepted,

the new deferment period should be back-dated 3 months before the date the application is accepted.

The business should also ensure that no adverse information is recorded on your credit file.

In addition, any arrears on the loan after the last deferment period should be removed.

Lastly, you have been caused trouble and upset and in recognition of this, it is my view that you should be compensated.

In the circumstances of your complaint, I consider the sum of £75 to be appropriate.

Having put my recommendations to the business,

I am pleased to advise that once you have completed, signed and submitted the business’ DAF, it has agreed to write off the arrears

and subsequently back-date your deferment date to ensure a continuation of your deferment.

This will ensure there is no deferment gap and, therefore, no adverse information would be recorded as a consequence.

You now need to consider this offer.

• 2 years later...

Update.

Finally deferred and all arrears wiped. Only took 3 years!

I never used their DAF. I never backed down in my belief that using a bespoke letter was enough to satisfy the original loan terms as the various DAFs were not fit for purpose. Thanks to all on the numerous threads who helped fight these fleecing cretins.

Don’t stop fighting for your rights.

yes

well done

the quicker people realise that just about EVERYTHING erudio state or try and make you do is just a threat like all DCA's do

said that from the start and will never waiver from it.

and they