Want to sue AMEX for harm

lep99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been persistently contacted and pressured by AMEX for almost 1 year after paying the debt off to their debt collector in full. I have contacted AMEX on multiple occasions telling then this but they say it's still outstanding. Insultingly the have now offered to reduce the debt. The payment has gone to their nominated debt collector and I've double checked that.

The reason I want to think about legal action against them is for the psychological harm their debt collection practice caused to me. I don't want to go into details here but my doc is satisfied it was down to that.

Any ideas??

Thanks

have you made formal complaints to them, and then the fos/fca etc for eg? the fos can award compensation.

that usually would be first re trying to settle matters prior to litigation, then if no satisfaction there then pursue poss legal action. but, can try legal anyway.

the Harrison high court case is a good eg re creditor 'harrasment'.

Also, you need to check that the DCA actually passed the money on to the creditor. A lot of the time, only part of the money gets passed, or in rare cases, none at all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Which DCA was collecting this debt, how were payments made, do you have a record of these?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: