style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently decided to move out of a rented property I share with my sister, this will be the 23rd of may, we are on a rolling contract and i have given 30 days notice, the agent bridgfords have decided to give notice as well so good timing on my part, but they have advised I am still liable for rent and repairs etc untill my sister is due to move on the 30th of june, surely this is wrong??

bluestark,

what date did fixed term end and SPT start?

what date did you serve NTQ?

I assume the LA served a s21 to expire on 30 June?

SPT rules require that any T NTQ should be served 'received' by end of 1 tenancy period to end at end of next T period (min 1 cal month if rent payable pcm)

If you served a valid NTQ & you are a joint T with sister, then your personal NTQ ends T for both on expiry.

Please answer questions for better response.

Thank you for your response, the ntq is valid and expires 30th, however I am leaving early on the 23rd of may, I have given 30 daysnotice and we are out of the original contract, so my conntract surely cannot be extended to the 30th? Thanks x

.You are in a rolling contract, when NTQ date requirements are quite specific, so need to know

when T commenced

for what fixed term

any end date specified

and rest of Qs.

You can leave before NTQ expires but will remain liable for rent & property until your NTQ expires.

If your NTQ is valid, then LA/LL can require your sister to vacate on NTQ expiry

You are not out of orig contract, the only diff is ability to give Notice according to SPT (rolling contract) rules.