Poster having problem obtaining TA copy for benefit claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies and gentlemen, could I ask you a favour?

Over in CAG's Benefits Forum, we have a person who is trying to make a claim for Housing Benefit but is meeting resistance from his or her landlord/letting agent in terms of obtaining a copy of the lease.

I'm reluctant to actually move the thread, because it is primarily about benefits so it seems more appropriate to leave it where it is. Nonetheless, it seems to me that the poster should be entitled to some sort of written confirmation of their tenancy and the rent due, and the agency seems reluctant to supply the original documents.

If anyone has time, could you drop in on this thread and see if you can make any sense of it? It would be most helpful.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

IME Benefits Dept writes to LL/LA to confirm applicant is a T at the address and the rent payable.

TAs can easily be downloladed from Internet and faked.

It will also support the application if T is on the Electoral Register for that address.

IME Benefits Dept writes to LL/LA to confirm applicant is a T at the address and the rent payable.

TAs can easily be downloladed from Internet and faked.

It will also support the application if T is on the Electoral Register for that address.

I'm not on the register as I only moved home 3 weeks ago so did't have time to deal with it. Is there nothing in the law that they habe to do TA in 2 copies (one for tenant and the other one for them)? Thanks