Zero Hours Contract or Not.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been working with a company for around 6 months. Have been asked to sign new contract without notification. It states hours of work 0 - 16 hours. Is this a zero hour contract or is it a straight forward 16 hour contact? Confused???:???:

What does your existing terms say about working hours and what are you actually doing in hours worked currently?

No it isnt a 16 hours per weel contract they are offering it is a 0-16 hours so they may not call you in at all or send you home at zero notice. What you need to decide is this worse than your current conditions and if so you may decline to sign it and be employed on the existing terms. However, an employer that offers you this contract to replace a better one will probably sack you at the drop of a hat anyway so caught between a rock and a hard place.

What does your existing terms say about working hours and what are you actually doing in hours worked currently?

No it isnt a 16 hours per weel contract they are offering it is a 0-16 hours so they may not call you in at all or send you home at zero notice. What you need to decide is this worse than your current conditions and if so you may decline to sign it and be employed on the existing terms. However, an employer that offers you this contract to replace a better one will probably sack you at the drop of a hat anyway so caught between a rock and a hard place.

Thank you. You confirmed my suspicions. I have noticed a very high turnover of staff and poor morale. Maybe this is the reason. Sent home today without notice. Gave me more time for job hunting