Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Justice_Seeker Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Default Littlewoods Charges

I bought a washing machine from Littlewoods Catalogue just over 6 months ago, costing approximatley 230 pounds, We paid some of the payments late and to our horror we now have to pay an extra 170 in charges. Is it possible to reclaim these charges?

Similar Threads:

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

Default Re: Littlewoods Charges

In the current climate, anything is possible! It might be best to complete the payments so that there's nothing owing on the price you originally agreed to pay. Then, ask for a breakdown on any other charges applied to the account, and if you think these unreasonable, as the firm to justify them. If they cannot (usually by saying these default charges are 'standard') then you have the right to go to court and have the judge decide wither the charges are fair. Most firms won't take it that far and settle before it reaches court.

Basic Account Holder Vision Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2006

Hi
    did you have any luck with getting your charges refunded as i also have a littlewoods account which i used to get cashback i made a late payment though and they took my cashback towards the payment yet never re-added my cashback on future payments still and its now over 2 months ago and they have also added 2 charges on 1 month

Im going to get a letter wrote to them about the charges being refunded as not only have they took my future cashback they have 2 charges in a month and im not even near too my accounts limit so cant be a late payment and overlimit fee

Basic Account Holder katebradbury Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

I hate littlewoods I had 200 on my account when i started with financial difficulties I phoned them up to ask if they could accept a greatly reduced monthly amount and the woman was horrible just kept saying no you must pay this amount and wouldn't budge, so i rang off and just paid what i could afford, even though i've been paying my account is now well over 300 and on checking today they have added 3 charges this month totally 36! its just not fair, if its possible to claim it back I would like to, as they are added unneccessary strees to the situation when they could have accepted a reduced amount for 3 months to help me out, its just there stubborness that stops them helping. I wont be going near them EVER again.

Basic Account Holder princess_lulu Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2009

Send a cheque with a letter stating the cheque enclosed is my Full and finalicon payment, once you have cashed the enclosed cheque you are agreeing that my account has been paid off in full and will be closed. They will cash it and then they have agreed and cannot pester you for more money, it worked for me. (keep a copy of the letter though)

Site Team silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

Quote Originally Posted by princess_lulu View Post
    Send a cheque with a letter stating the cheque enclosed is my Full and finalicon payment, once you have cashed the enclosed cheque you are agreeing that my account has been paid off in full and will be closed. They will cash it and then they have agreed and cannot pester you for more money, it worked for me. (keep a copy of the letter though)
    I disagree.

If they have put loads of charges on this account, I would SARicon them then claim those charges back. Ok, it costs a tenner (plus recorded delivery) but it's worth it.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Do you need debt advice? Check this out
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ts#post3625082

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder unklemerv Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

Question Re: Littlewoods Charges

I missed a direct debiticon payment, but made an online payment the same day to pay off the account. The direct debit was returned, but the online payment was for almost 3 times what the direct debit was due.

They charged me for this. I asked them why, when they got their money.

Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with them ??

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE