DWP investigation - mortgage fraud?

Lauzybear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm worried I am in trouble. I am receiving benefits income support, child tax credits and maintence payments of my ex. I am trying to get a small mortgage of £20,000 to buy my ex out of our home (joint house but currently in his name only) I have lied to the bank saying my maintence payments is a wage from my exes company and falsified a wage slip to support this.

Now the DWP want to see me about my entitlement to benefits. I did ring them before all this n ask what would happen if I took a job earning £5200 a year (my child maintence value) and was told that that was not enough to be entitled to working tax credits and therefore I would stay on income support.

It's also note nought to pay tax on therefor I presumed I would just have to declare it on next years tax return but that it wouldn't make a difference to me financially it would just help me to get a mortgage seen as it's classed as a wage rather then maintence payment ?

Edited by citizenB

Well, the DWP will not care what you have said to the bank in your attempt to get a mortgage (that's not their job), and maintenance payments do not affect your IS entitlement.

But...you're playing with fire here in your attempts to fraudulently obtain a mortgage. We can't advise you about this matter except to suggest that you don't do it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.