style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people once again they are after my money. I loaned my car to a friend who managed to pick up a congestion charged . I didn't know about it till it was at £200.

What was odd with this was the prefix wouldn't allow me to view the evidence or pay!

I spoke to the collections and by some miracle it was allowing me to pay and view the evidence . I commented on this and they said "Well it was already at £200 before you contacted us" Sounds to me like manual intervention.

My question to you all is about this being County court where does that leave me as this

has now bailiff charges on top . Can they force entry with the new rules or do they apply

to magistrate courts only

Thanks this was congestion charge actually . Do the same rules apply ? How does making a charge to enter an area automatically allow these extra charges .

I cant believe we are allowing this nonsense to happen . Time for a revolution ! How much would i owe if every £10 debt increased like this . I guess I will have to change my car now to prevent them clamping it the next time I go into London.

Any body got anything to say on the prefix being different surely this would be an automated system . I feel there is a bit of fraud here . I have seen manipulation with yellow box photos and banks interfering with my account to collect charges so why would they not create revenue by altering times on photos !

I am confused by your post because, on the one hand you say that you were able to pay the debt when it was at £200 but then you say that bailiff fees have been added and the debt is now £550. Did you make payment when it was at £200?

Also, you say that you loaned your car to a friend and that he had entered the CC zone with paying the fee of £10. Whilst this was clearly his error it would nonetheless still mean that YOU (as the registered keeper) should have received the Notice to Owner, Charge Certificate and Order for Recovery from TfL. Did you receive all of these notices?

If you had not received ANY of the notices it would normally be the case that all notices had been wrongly addressed. Have you moved address? If so...have you updated your address at DVLA?

Hi tomtubby Yes I could have paid the "debt" at 200 once they altered the system to suite . That would have meant me having £200 . I don't go home too much and I keep an eye on congestion charges as I have forgotten to pay in the past but my friend followed the sat nav through london to the airport . I really was wondering why the number was wrong when this is an automated system . Maybe not so automated .

Yes I know the rules make me responsible for the ticket but it is totally out of order that they can use a system of rules to escalate this to hundreds of pounds . The charge is £10 not worth them making the effort to collect so they put more charges on before you are taken through the phoney court for the " enforcement " to get their share. Yes there have to be rules but this is fraud . . My hands are tied cant pay any of it so just going to keep out of the way . Ostrich style .