style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help someone :(

I've worked for the same company for almost 7 years,

have given so much and never had any recognition for it,

which is what it is,

however last year I went for a promotion which would have meant me having a higher job than my boss

but I would have been working at a different site..

( I did on numerous occasions ask my boss if she wanted to go for the job, she said no, better the devil etc, before I applied),

my boss was (according to her) asked questions as to my suitability for the position,

should add that my boss isn't very keen on anyone moving up the ladder at work, let alone above her.

Needless to say I didn't get the promotion, and further more she (my boss) has been horrid to me since,

she will pick fault with everything I do, or don't do as I not only have to be super woman but also a mind reader,

she undermines me in front of the staff below me, I try to speak in private and her agitation and "can't be arsed" attitude is clear.

Just recently I had 4 days off work with a really bad virus.

She was fine with me when I came back to work, but then I noticed that my hours had been cut.

I asked her yesterday about this and she that we had to save hours (which I understand,

but what I don't get is that the other woman who worked along side me hasn't had hers cut,

we are meant to share the early or extra hours.

It just seems that she's being unnecessarily mean just because I was ill

( we don't get paid for being off sick, so surely that's punishment enough?)

Please can someone advise me what to do?, as apparently my contract hours can be altered in 2 weeks if the managers so choose.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

I'm afraid that your only real options in this situation are to pursue a grievance or to find another job and leave.

There are clear grounds for a grievance, but as you will appreciate this may well make any bad feeling with this woman worse. Do you have an approachable HR Manager with whom you could have an off the record chat - to find out why your application for promotion was unsuccessful? If making it official, then you would need something more concrete than 'she doesn't like me' - probably best to emphasise the perceived inequalities in the way that your hours are being reduced but equivalent grade colleagues are not being affected.

Not a comfortable situation I know, but to really get anywhere needs evidence, so start compiling a diary away from work detailing times dates and what is said, together with details of any witnesses who might be able to back you up if needed.

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thank you

unfortunately the HR department is at head office, and yes I realise that in opening a grievance will make my life more miserable, and I know that would give me even more evidence of her behaviour but i couldn't tolerate it.

The impression that is given to me is one whereby my boss is held in high acclaim by the managers above her, but then maybe that's just the impression they have to give.

It's a worry financially for me that my boss can just cut my hours leaving me financially so short on my wages, it's that which is the bigger concern for me.

I did press her as to why it was my hours and not my colleagues that were reduced, her reply was, I did the Rotas while you were off. Should add that the Rotas are not behind safety glass or anything and my boss herself often scribbles on them, please also note that my boss hasn't reduced her hours, and will happily do between 40-55 hrs a week.

Edited by Alexkat1970
Needed to add extra

If it were me, I would lodge a grievance solely about the unilateral reduction in hours and the fact that the need to reduce costs in the department is not being applied equally. This will force the employer to deal with the grievance and it may provide then the opportunity to air suggestions that the reason in part might be a personality clash with the manager concerned.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

My boss is off for a few days on Monday (thank goodness) so I will have to raise this with my GM and hopefully it will be resolved.

Thank you so much for advising me.

Was being made to believe I was being paranoid over my bosses treatment towards me.