Marstons Unknown removal notice over 2011 Tv licence court caase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been at university for the last 3 years but

after calling Marston Bailiffs apparently I owe £575 to HMCTS North East London Magistrates for TV Licence.

I dnt even own the property or own my TV?!

I have called the debt company who advised me to call the magistrates.

But I just need advice on how to possibly over-turn this.

I had no knowledge of this debt till today and yet it dates back to November 2011?

Thank you for your help.

Eman.

This is very simple indeed to resolve and you merely have to telephone HMCTS North East and explain to them that you have received notification of a court fine and that you had not known of this matter until today given that you had been at University for the past 3 years.

They should advise you to file a Statutory Declaration. In most cases the court tend to ask you to pop to the court at an appointed time to swear the Statutory Declaration (which is a very simple form indeed to complete).

Also, when you speak to the court tomorrow you need to make sure that you inform them that Marston Group are seeking to enforce a warrant against you. In almost all cases, the court will normally advise Marston Group to cease enforcement for a short period of time to allow you to make the necessary arrangements.

If you have any queries after calling the court tomorrow please post back.

I have been at university for the last 3 years but

after calling Marston Bailiffs apparently I owe £575 to HMCTS North East London Magistrates for TV Licence.

I dnt even own the property or own my TV?!

I have called the debt company who advised me to call the magistrates.

But I just need advice on how to possibly over-turn this.

I had no knowledge of this debt till today and yet it dates back to November 2011?

Thank you for your help.

Eman.

This is very simple indeed to resolve and you merely have to telephone HMCTS North East and explain to them that you have received notification of a court fine and that you had not known of this matter until today given that you had been at University for the past 3 years.

They should advise you to file a Statutory Declaration. In most cases the court tend to ask you to pop to the court at an appointed time to swear the Statutory Declaration (which is a very simple form indeed to complete).

Also, when you speak to the court tomorrow you need to make sure that you inform them that Marston Group are seeking to enforce a warrant against you. In almost all cases, the court will normally advise Marston Group to cease enforcement for a short period of time to allow you to make the necessary arrangements.

If you have any queries after calling the court tomorrow please post back.

The stat dec will put things back to where a summons was issued : you'll still have to defend the summons (or plead guilty).

Despite you not owning the premises, were you a tenant? Did you watch a TV at those premises, even if it was a TV belonging to the premises? Or not watch TV at all??.

If you watched something on a TV that may have been unlicensed, was it "internet catchup", or "live broadcast".

Were you interviewed by someone from TVL?

We need more details

Thank you so much for your help Tom! I am just a bit confused as to who to contact. I was told by the bailiffs to contact Romford Magistrates but that wouldn't be the HMCTS North East London Magistrates would it? I am not sure who to contact and cannot find a contact number for the North East London one.

Thank you so much for your help. Please excuse my naivety.

Would it have been possible Romford was where the case was heard if you think back to where you were at that time? Nothing to be lost by contacting them. NE London will be an admin centre for a group of Courts that may include Romford.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The stat dec will put things back to where a summons was issued : you'll still have to defend the summons (or plead guilty).

Despite you not owning the premises, were you a tenant? Did you watch a TV at those premises, even if it was a TV belonging to the premises? Or not watch TV at all??.

If you watched something on a TV that may have been unlicensed, was it "internet catchup", or "live broadcast".

Were you interviewed by someone from TVL?

We need more details

Thanks for the reply. My parents own the property, there is 1 family TV. I dnt really watch from it. The name on the baillifs letter is my name misspelled. So I am assuming someone gave them my details incorrectly. They have been trying to make my father pay Tv Licence fees for years without avail.

I have been trying this whole week to track down the exact court where the case was heard.

Go to your local court and give them your name and address they will be able to find your details from that, also whilst at the enquiries desk that is where you ask about your Stat dec

Also when were you aware of the court case against you? as you only have 21 days from when you became aware to deal with this via a statutory declaration ok, since you were aware of this on the 9th you are fast running out of time, so please get to court asap

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.