style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I phoned the insurance company about storm damage, water coming in above the window, down the side of wall, the insurance company have said that because the windows upvc are 10 years old, and only 27mm of rain fell I cant claim and its in the T&C's

I have read the T&C's and cant find anything which said my windows have to be under 10 years old or the amount of rain fallen will effect your claim?

I have emailed them saying im not happy.

is there anything else I should do?

It does not sound like the cause was due to what an Insurer would normally class as a storm.

What are you looking to claim for the damage the water has done inside the house and / or repairing the windows?

As mentioned before heavy rain would not normally be classed as a storm so this would not normally be covered, however the subsequent damage the water has done inside the house would normally be covered by the accidental damage cover. (Last time I looked they had not excluded water ingress in these types of circumstances under accidental damage)

Finding the cause of the leak is not the Insurers problem, it's a maintainence issue for the property owner eg you to sort out

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm new to the forum. What I can say is that, as a Loss Assessor, I endorse all dacouc has had to say, has asked the right questions and has given right advice.

Edited by trumass