Parking Eye Tissue paper - Sutton in ashfield*Won at POPLA* No evidence from PE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a call from Father in law, he parked in a car park near the town center (free car park) for a 13 min overstay

its one hes used for a long time and theres never been an issue before, turns out they have recently (so recently i havent seen them yet) put anpr in

hes a little panicked as they have written to them (notice to keeper) and requested £90 or £54 if its paid within 14 days, ive reassured him best i can (basically promised if it came to court i would pay myself)

I know that we need to appeal - they will refuse

then to appeal to popla with GPEOL

just thinking of writting the appeal to parking eyes along the lines of

The Driver would like to appeal the notice to keeper provided for ticket number xxxxxxxx

You have stated that the reason for the ticket is parking for a duration of longer than 2 hours, however The Driver was actually parked for less than the two hours due to the fact that the car park was busy and The Driver had to wait inside the carpark for a car to vacate a bay, as you are aware the terms and conditions on your sign state that i am only in breach of contract if The Driver is parked for over 2 hours, although you have entrance and exit pictures showing The Driver was inside the carpark for over 2 hours this does not relate to the amount of time parked

The Driver would also like to point out that as the car park is a free carpark and your systems are automated needing no human intervention that the parking charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss, and is infact over 3 times the cost of a council charge in the same area, it is also not allowed to include the general costs of business susch as installing cameras and signs but can only be losses caused by the parking in question, these can only be items such as the fee to the DVLA and the cost of postage for your notices, therefore The Driver is offering a goodwill total of £10 in costs, if you accept this then please reply as such and write the ticket off, if not please reply with a full breakdown of your actual costs specific to this case

if you wish to deny this appeal then the driver requires that you do so within 14 days and provide a full and correct popla number so we can appeal further

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

For starters, I would remove 'I' and replace with 'The Driver' where you are using 'I'' as the identity of the driver.

Remove 'fine' and replace with 'speculative invoice' or 'parking charge' (depending on how naughty you want to be)

Don't even offer the tenner as once it gets to POPLA and the question of GPEOL is used, the appeal should be in your favour

Just my thoughts of course. :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

same as my thoughts on the tenner but father in law would like it over with asap

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Firstly, did the invoice come within fourteen days of the overstay.? (PE normally get that bit right).

The appeal to PE should be kept simple.

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg xxxxxxx , I wish to appeal your parking charge notice no. xxxxxx.

As registered keeper I am not liable for this charge. Please invoke your appeals process and cancel this charge, or provide me with a valid verification code for the independent appeals POPLA.

No loss has occurred to the land owner by the driver parking on the site.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of this vehicle.'

In addition to the other usual grounds - many of which have resulted in Parking Eye being defeated, on the basis of what you say, you can also refer to Parking Eye's obligation under their BPA code of practice to allow a grace period. Para. 13 of the code only refers to a grace period on leaving a car park - but clearly it must also take account of the time needed upon entry to find a place to park.

father in laws just asked is it worth pointing out that he had a hypo attack in the town center (hes diabetic)

its was only a small one but might be a mitigating circumstance

Please note:

father in laws just asked is it worth pointing out that he had a hypo attack in the town center (hes diabetic)

its was only a small one but might be a mitigating circumstance

It will not make PE cancel the charge. If anything it will encourage letter tennis...

I feel the simple appeal/rejection/POPLA route is the easiest and quickest way to get the charge cancelled.

quick question although they say only appeal by letter there is actually a section for putting in an appeal online shall i use that?

(especially as i can "edit" their own site so the "i am the" section to read "peeved off car owner")

Please note:

You get no confirmation that your appeal has been received when using the website.

Personally I would post, and get free proof of postage.

saved screen shot of the page saying "we acknowledge receipt of your appeal"

if i dont hear anything in a week ill post it as well

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...

no responce yet from parking eye

Please note:

You shouldn't use their online service. It's a perfect excuse to claim they never received it, even with the screen shot, they can say you must have given the wrong ref. number or other incorrect details.

to PE, send them a direct and very short letter as armadillo71 wrote above.

You shouldn't use their online service. It's a perfect excuse to claim they never received it, even with the screen shot, they can say you must have given the wrong ref. number or other incorrect details.

to PE, send them a direct and very short letter as armadillo71 wrote above.

100% With that advice and previous same advice from "armadillo71" post # 9.

"Belt and braces"

If you haven't yet quote: Parking Eye V Mrs X case No 3JD08399 Altrincham county court 17/03/2014 were DJ Hayes found driving around looking for a place to park is not parking. Even 31 minutes.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/c289944f81b4afb375a97d05d5a80df6?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Well in laws appear to have a response today haven't seen it yet and the in laws don't understand it but they say it appears to be around 7 - 10 pages

Oh joy I get to read 10 pages of "we're right your wrong" to find the popla code

Please note:

That'll be the pages of "cases they have won" and reasons why you will not win in court ! designed to terrify you into paying up - appeal to POPLA citing genuine pre-estimate of loss.........

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

planning to

i asked them in the initial appeal to provide a true breakdown of the "cost"

doubt they have

Please note:

only 10 pages?? My they are being stingy. I got 42 pages of drivel from them and when I challenged them and the store about planning consent they withdrew their claim. They also replaced all of the signs at that particular place as well so they knew that they were in the wrong re rights to form contract.

ok just read the reams

appeal of course refused but they havent put a poplar code in

Please note:

correction

1 letter "asking for more information" and "thanking us for telling them we are not the driver" which we didnt

1 letter giving us "information on our appeal, with 4 pages of court cases, and no popla code

Please note:

any advice, ive tried ringing parking eye to "converse" with an advisor but have struggled as its a bank holliday so the office is closed

plus as im bored i re-filled in the appeal sheet and just put "reply again with a popla code"

Please note:

well looking at top of the letter its template EYE01

it basicly tries to say that GPEOL is not a valid appeal as far as i can read it.

doesnt answer any of the other points i raised

as im bored, ive also faxed them now

ill ring again on tuesday as thats when they seem to be open again, office number appears to be 0844 247 2984, its a couple of digits higher than the automated payline, or alternativly go to the automated line and keep pressing hash until it says it will connect you to someone

Please note:

Advice? yes dont ring PE ever, if you think you are going to get an honest answer you are much mistaken. Their sole income stream is from telling lies and they rely on people falling for it. Just write the letter to POPLA and leave these clowns to play their silly games.