• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

WDA Using another debit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is really a strange one, I have a WDA account and so does my OH - their account is fine and is paying over and above each month to reduce the balance and no in default. My account is a different story and in default. Last month OH's bank rang to say that WDA had tried to take out over £200 on their debit card and obviously was refused. A couple of days later they paid on their account using their debit card.

What I have found out is that WDA are trying to take money from their bank account for my account. Are they really allowed to do this. I can again state that their account is not in default whatsoever and is paying the interest every month together with a little bit of the capital to bring the balance down.

Would people say this is fraud and are they allowed to take someone else's money to pay for my account.

Not allowed at all. Its bordering on theft imo.

Your bank did the righr thing and you now need to get full conplaibts rolling

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks, I did think that but guess what WDA say that as we are financially connected ie married if OH had defaulted they could dip into my bank account. I have told them to send me this in writing and will then take the matter further.

WDA are 100% and totally wrong. If the loan was taken out in your name only, they can only take money out of an account that you gave them details for. Anything else is theft and needs to be reported. I would be tempted to call them and ask again, but record the gall. They wont put it in writing. They never do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

| was in the bank at the time and made the phone call, I have a witness at the bank who clearly heard the conversation as it was on loud speaker. The bank girl even spoke to them and said that if they could produce anything that showed that I had given my OHs debit card details to them the bank would be quite happy to take the matter up with them. I have never given my OHs debit card details to them.

The bank say that WDA tried to take over £200 from OH's account. I am so pleased they did not have the money in their account. I know that this relates to my account as OH's account is not in default and they only owe £160 including interest.

Their words as you both live at the same address and are financially associated it would be common practice for either of you to take responsibility for the other's account.

It is all very strange as before now WDA only took payment by direct debit and never ever attempted to take payment by debit card.

Their words as you both live at the same address and are financially associated it would be common practice for either of you to take responsibility for the other's account.

You must report that to the regulators. They have no right whatsoever to say that.