Refused Offer from RBoS...what now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone

Just received a ridiculous offer from the RBoS and have stated that I will go to court to reclaim their charges. I have been paying these charges off for the last 3 years and they claim that during that time I have paid only £40.00 :o (I do have evidence to the contrary however!).

I haven't seen a statement of this account for 3 years and have given up trying to get them. The charges I am claiming are only the ones I know about (as I shouldn't have had any more charges levied against this account as I stopped using it 3 years ago).

If I go to the Information Commissioner over the bank statements, will their involvement impact upon my Court case? Or, could I incorporate the lack of bank statements / mismanagement of the account into the Court case for the refund of charges?

Please advise...Thanks in anticipation!

Totally Skint

Hi, TS,

Umm - need a bit more solid info to work on!

Is your ac with RBoS closed or still open?

Is the balance of the overdraft or loan or whatever made up entirely of charges?

What type of charges are you hoping to claim back?

Sounds like you've "forgotten" this ac and RBoS have eventually come up with a "pay us xhundredsof pounds on what we calculate as x+yhundredsofpounds or we'll get a debt collection agency to screw you for (x+y)squaredhundredsofpounds" scenario.

Happily, all you need to do is follow the yellow brick road -

• Read the FAQs on this portal
  • Get the statements on the account for the last six years- send the bank the data access request letter and payment of a tenner.
  • Go through the statements and highlight the charges unlawfully applied to the account - bounced cheques, returned d/ds, ac overlimit charges etc.
  • Download Openoffice (openoffice.org), enter the charges into the spreadsheet template provided by the gorgeous vampiress and send to RBoS with a civilised prelim letter asking for the charges back within 14 days
  • Ignore their letter stating their charges are fair and reasonable and send a Letter Before Action giving them 14 days to pay the money back
  • Ignore their letter offering you half of what you claimed as an extraordinary act of benificence on the part of the bank and sue them - see English System and Scottish System FAQs
  • Be prepared to appear in court, but be more prepared for the bank to give you the full amount you claim.