Please help just had a high court enforcement officer at door my heart is pounding.. **Stay Granted**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just had two huge men at my door

I didn't answer as they looked scary,

they ve posted a high court form no 55 throught the door which has scared me to death

it says they can come in and take my things,

my husband has a business

he has a ccj for the company these people are coming for

but he has a court order to pay monthly £50 which he does through direct debit,

now the house we live in is mine as I had it before we meet and married so it's all in my name ,

I'm absolutely terrified there going to come back please help what should i do?

Don't let them in! Presumably the CCJ applies to the company, if so and the property is not his they may be on a hiding to nothing. However they may try to have your car away, but won't deal with you by claiming DPA prevents them.

Wonkeydonkey and ploddertom are the experts on High Court Enforcement so will be along soon no doubt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

In that case they may only seize the goods of the Ltd Co.

As he already has a Court Order in place for payment

he should be asking his Creditor what they think they are doing.

The correct way would have been for them to apply to have the Order increased.

Are you sure this is definitely for the same debt and not for another that he may not be aware of?

Did he give a personal guarantee at all for this?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thank you ploddertom for your help btw,

no its defiantly for the same company,

plus the court order is one figure and this letter that has come through the door is nearly two grand more,

plus there is no official court stamp on this letter thas has come through the door,

Sounds like the creditor is ignoring the court and trying to double dip.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Post #6

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It sounds as if the creditor has transferred the debt up to High Court for a writ of Fi'Fa',

that they have done that with a Court order in place to allow the debt be paid by installments is very naughty and it could end up costing them dearly.

As PT has already said

...the correct way would have been for the creditor to make their application to the Court seeking a variation to the payment order that is current.

As there is already an order in place you will need to make an application to stay this writ subject to a further application set aside,

on the grounds the debt is under Court order and has not been subject to default on the payments.

You will need to go to HMCT website and download form N244, if you need any help filling that in please come back and ask.

If the creditor has ignored a court order and instructed the HCEOs anyway (this does happen) then they will more than likely be liable for the HCEOs full fees.

Follow the sound advice from wonkeydonkey and ploddertom.

Calm down and READ.

You will need to go to HMCT website and download form N244, if you need any help filling that in please come back and ask.

Yes please do calm yourself...get the kettle on. This is nothing for you to panic over, nobody will be coming to break in and take your goods, arrest you or anything else take a deep breath and start by looking at HMCT website and find the form N244. Read through it and the accompanying notes also take a look at form ex160a as it might be applicable to your financial circumstances.

Once you get your head sorted come back and ask as many questions as you like, caggers will give you all the advice and support you will need to get you through this/:grouphug:

Just remember. if they do come again, dont open the door and make sure the door and windows are locked. All they can do then is stamp their feet and come another time.

Dont worry. Someone will be around soon. Sit tight and youll get advice :)