style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks hope you can help me here, something got highlighted on my wife's bank statement as we were checking through all direct debit payments, there was a payment for £49.00 to AXA, we didnt know what this was so we phoned them to find out it was for home insurance cover!

The story goes, August 2011 we took out home insurance over the internet, my email at the time was a sky.com one as we had sky broadband, in October 2011 we changed broadband provider to BT so the sky email address was now obsolete. August 2012 Axa said they sent an email for auto renewal and as we didnt reply (cause we didnt get email) they renewed our policy, they done the same again in August 2013.

At no stage at all did we receive any notification regarding the renewals of this policy and had in fact took insurance out in 2012 with Tesco, 2013 Churchill. So, Axa have taken payments totalling £730.00 from my wife's account (I know she should have checked, but she didnt).

Axa have told us we cannot get this money back because we should have notified them about the change of our email, I have no recollection of me being advised that this was down to me to do and as I said since 2011 they have not phoned us or sent any letters to us about the renewal and are refusing us point blank a refund of the money they took.

What do you think I should do? :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Hi RonnieScott

I added spaces to your post. Here's some further info:-

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/cpa-principles/#.UyCiKc5O07o

Because AXA think that it's fair doesn't make it fair. They might argue that you have continuous cover. Lets see what the guys here advise.

You will probably need this info further along,

Mr Paul Evans

Chief Executive

AXA Insurance UK

[email protected]

Make a complaint. AXA can deal with this as dual insurance, where each Insurers old and new refund 50% of the premiums paid for the period there was dual coverage. You would need to send AXA details of the Tesco policy and get AXA to provide their details for you to send to Tesco. If there was any claim during the period, the Insurers that did not pay anything, would refund 100% for that policy year.

Very annoying but it happens all the time. The reason for the dual insurance way of dealing with this, is that had there been a large claim, both Insurers would have had to contribute towards the loss.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is fairly common, the standard way of doing this is you send a letter explaining the situation to both Insurers along with copies of the other Insurers Schedule, then each Insurer refunds 50% of the premiums you paid for the period you had dual insurance.

Occasionally you will persuade the original Insurer to refund their premiums without affecting your current Insurers but it's generally as per my first paragraph