First Reply From RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently sent my Charges letter and Schedule of charges to the Middlesbrough Branch of the RBS (dated 14th oct).

To my suprise I recieved a reply dated the 20th, as follows:

Thank you for your letter of 14th Oct 2006 about charges. I am sorry you were unhappy with the service you recently received, but grateful that you took the time to write and explain why.

I am already looking into your concerns, and can confirm that I have today ordered historic statements in order for us to reconcile the charges quoted in your letter to your acounts. I will contact you again in seven days, either with a full response, or to let you know what progress I have made.

I shall do mt utmost to resolve your complaint quickly and to your complete satisfaction, but so that you are aware of all the options available to you, I have enclosed a leaflet that explains how we handle customer complaints.

Firstly, no Leaflet was included

Secondly, the date for the banks reply has passed, as has the 14 days I gave in my first letter.

What should my next point of action be??

Any help would be gratly appriciated

Regards

Chris Catron

Guest willowb

So, that was the response to your prelim letter? and the 14 days is up? they are just stalling, pay no attention and send in your LBA. Give them 14 days from the date of posting your LBA and file your claim.

Good luck

Wxxx

another 14 days of waiting then!!!!

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

Certainly is Stacey:p

Wonder how they'll take that, they said they would write again within 7 days and I'm still waiting for that one.

Request for repayment of charges (14th Oct 2006)

Reply Recieved (21st Oct 2006)

Letter Before Action (30th Oct 2006

• 2 weeks later...

More Stalling I Think:???:

Recieved two letters with in two days from RBS:

Letter 1 dated 31st Oct

Thank you for your Letter dated 30th Oct 2006 regarding repayment of charges and for your patience while I have been investigating your complaint. I am not yet in a position to respond to all your points in full because of a delay receiving copy statements

I am extremely sorry to have to keep you waiting, but rest assured, I will contact you again in due course.

Yours Sincerely

H Byers

Letter 2 dated 2nd Nov

RE: Case Reference 3849464

Thank your for your patience while I have been incestigating your complaint about charges made to your account. I am not yet in a position to respond to all your points in full because we have not yet recieved the copy statements but we are chasing this up.

I am extremely sorry to have to keep you waiting, but rest assured, I will contact you again within the next two weeks.

Your Sincerely

A Coote

So I have been sent two very similar letters from two different CSO's and one stating a time frame which is about to pass. Is this yet another delaying tatic?

I am also due to make a court application this week as the time scale for that is also due this week.

Should I send a letter first reminding them that I'm about to do that and pointing out that their own time scale has again run out?

Or should I just proceed straight to the court claim process??

Must admit starting to get a little nervous now!!