RLP replied to my One Liner of No Debt owed - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

just to let folk know this is something you may receive when you send the one liner

" I do not acknowledge any debt to you or you client "

Your letter is nothing more than a pro forma e-mail you have copied from the internet and has no relevence to our clients claim.

The e-mail is produced to waste time and costs, in breach of the protocol for pre-action conduct and the civil procedure rules 1998.

The matter will be put on hold for a further 21 days.

If we do not hear from you the matter will proceed accordingly.

Ultimately, if the claim has to be issued, your correspondence will be placed before the court together with details of the source of the pro forma letter.

I do believe that sites like this exist to help and stop the vultures getting fatter, but do not wish anyone to break the law.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi sorry to jump in on this thread just to let folk know this is something you may receive when you send the one liner " I do not acknowledge any debt to you or you client "

Your letter is nothing more than a pro forma e-mail you have copied from the internet and has no relevence to our clients claim.

The e-mail is produced to waste time and costs, in breach of the protocol for pre-action conduct and the civil procedure rules 1998.

The matter will be put on hold for a further 21 days.

If we do not hear from you the matter will proceed accordingly. Ultimately, if the claim has to be issued, your correspondence will be placed before the court together with details of the source of the pro forma letter.

I do beleive that sites like this exist to help and stop the vultures getting fatter, but do not wish anyone to break the law.

Interesting - and, of course, utterly misleading and clearly intended to deceive.

No-one is under any obligation to even respond to RLP's demands. If they choose to respond, how they do so is entirely a matter for them, as is where they choose to seek advice. Where no court claim has been issued (such as in 99.9999% of RLP cases), the question of costs doesn't arise. How RLP choose to spend their money pursuing their unsavoury business tactics is up to them.

More flaccid willy-waving from RLP's inadequate bullies.

I do beleive that sites like this exist to help and stop the vultures getting fatter, but do not wish anyone to break the law.

Can I ask which law you feel is being broken?

Paws, we'd be very interested to see a scan of that letter, if you can anonymise it, turn it into a PDF and post it up.

DX's instructions|

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

Scarlet

thats all that was in the letter,

at the moment I would like to keep a low profile but when time as passed I would certainly post all letters so others can see what goes on. I am aware that these people read these sites with interest.

I am suprised that no one as posted all the letters that they had received

so people are aware what these companies get up to.

Reading through the lines that I posted is any of it correct or just bull ?

I am not a prolific thief, I am not known to the police and at my time of life I do not wish to become a criminal. Alleged crime was less than £20. Police arrived no action taken. Would it be advisable to seek legal help ?

How long have these people been known to persist with there letters, a couple of months or more and who if anyone regulates these people since they have been operating.

Did I read somewhere that a shop as got up to 6 years to bring a case to court ?

What is the correct procedure of civil recovery and what can be claimed in a civil procedure. I have read the Oxford case.

Because of my low posting score I am unable to post a link regarding a watchdog report regarding civil recovery from I think 2011 in the report it said on the 12th April the law commission published a consultation paper entitled " Reforming consumer redres for misleading and aggresive practices " As the law changed in anyway regarding this ?

Thanx Paws.

Thanx Paws

Edited by pawsforthought

Dear Sirs

Any liability to your clients or their clients is denied.

For the avoidance of doubt, no legitimate debt exists in this matter, merely a speculative invoice. It seems to me that demanding money where no debt is owed is a serious breach of your obligations under the terms of your consumer credit licence.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc.

As anyone ever had a reply to the above letter when sent to a debt collection agency. If so what did it say.

Dont worry about a DCA, who has no legal powers or authority over ANYTHING.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As anyone ever had a reply to the above letter when sent to a debt collection agency. If so what did it say.

JB Debt Recovery, who used to do this for RLP, invariably wrote back to say that hey had taken RLP's instructions in good faith, and had closed their file. Snotcall will undoubtedly do the same, because they know that they are breaching the terms of their licence.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the one liner to RLP

I deny any liability to you or your clients. I will not enter into any further correspondence with your company

and got this reply.

Your letter is nothing other than a pro-forma e-mail you have copied from the internet and has no relevance to our client’s claim.

The e-mail is produced to waste time and costs, in breach of the Protocol for Pre-action Conduct and the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 (“CPR”).

We urge you again to seek some legal advice from a reliable and appropriate source if you do not understand the claim.

Our previous correspondence and accompanying documentation has notified you in a reasonable, proportionate, informative and lawful manner, of the nature and basis of our client’s claim, and the losses sought, in compliance with CPR.

We will put this matter on hold for a further 21 days to enable you to seek some proper advice and respond appropriately.

If we do not hear from you the matter will proceed accordingly. Ultimately, if the claim has to be issued, your correspondence will be placed before the Court, together with the details of the source of the pro forma letter.

Yours sincerely

Legal Department

Retail Loss Prevention Limited

As anyone had one of these before ?

Same old crap they send to everyone. Ignore it. Their letter doesnt even make any logical sense.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

yep

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Theyll just send more and more silly nonsense. Some people have had letters from them that run to 3-4 pages. They exist purely on conning people to pay them. Thats why they resort to more and more desperate means to get the money.

It takes them a while to get fed up because they want to deprive you of your hard-earned cash. There's usually a trail of ever more desperate scare tactics and posturing.

They like phrases like 'proceed accordingly' because it sounds scary, but could mean all sorts of things.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If all there letters are untrue, why or how are they allowed to get away with it. Can they be reported to some one. They certainly make it all sound legal.

One of the reasons that RLP (and other civil recovery firms) get away with what they do is because there isn't an industry regulator.

The Law Commission, in a report, said that the civil recovery industry used 'aggressive and misleading' tactics, and that the legal basis for their claims was dubious. You would think that the Law Society would have had something to say about any lawyer employed by a civil recovery company, but they appear to have remained silent. This may be because they will usually only act or entertain a complaint about a lawyer if it comes from a client, or where the lawyer breaches their rules in specific ways. When a lawyer is an employee rather than in a legal practice it seems even more difficult. It should be noted, though, that letters from legal firms indulging in civil recovery are unlike those of RLP.

The writing and sending of pompous, pseudo-legal, circumloquacious letters is not illegal.

There are offences of harassment and sending malicious communications, but I am not aware of anyone seeking to bring RLP to account under any of the relevant legislation.

"They make it all sound legal" - Yes, they do, and that is what, in my view, the Law Commission suggest is misleading; the methodology and prolonged bullying nature of the letter campaigns is what I think is aggressive. RLP's activity is designed to lend legitimacy to speculative invoices. That is why I think RLP are so keen to try to stifle criticism of their methods (vide their spectacular but utterly impotent 'Streisand Effect' campaign waged by Schillings), and why they have resorted, laughably, to claiming that CAG is under criminal investigation, for example.

The key point is to realise that RLP's literary outpourings, whilst illustrative of the inadequate, bullying personalities behind them, don't actually contain anything that makes any real sense.

I still like how RLP seem to completely ignore the oxford case.

" It should be noted, though, that letters from legal firms indulging in civil recovery are unlike those of RLP "

So why don,t retailers use correct legal firms instead of the likes of RLP and what can actualy be claimed regarding civil recovery if the goods have been returned in a re-saleable condition. Surely after the Oxford case it would be impossible to claim anything.

The retailer doesnt know any different. I would bet anything that the retailers that RLP are "working with", don't know anything about what RLP are doing to the person they send letters to.

Perhaps it would be interesting if someone wrote to the retailers providing them with copies of the letters that RLP send out. Looking at RLP, s website, in a way I suppose a retailer would be sort of impressed by its contents. But RLP are never going to tell the truth are they.