***********************en gland will never win the world cup********************** ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No doubt he would have learnt from that experience, I would have him back as a manager in a blink of an eye.

I hate the man, but I am biased, I had to watch him ruin Liverpool for 6 months, a complete buffoon.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, a 'Legend', took us to the Europa League Final, saved us from relegation. Liverpool supporters wanted him out from day one.

Serious!? I want him no where near lfc ever again, except in charge of another team who comes to anfield.

Serious!? I want him no where near lfc ever again, except in charge of another team who comes to anfield.

:) his stint at lfc was not good!

has he learnt? hopefully.

*************Scotland will never win the World Cup***************

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

you never know. if they do get to another one, their away kit might have an affect on the oppo :)

Alex salmond will be after you :madgrin:

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

starting xi v italy; hart, shaw, jag, cahill, flanagan-gerrard, banana, henderson, sterling-shrek, tucker?

I like the look of Belgium to shock us and win the W/C....

Tucker?!

:)

sturridge (chris tucker)

In 1966:-

Eurovision Song Contest:- Austria

La Liga:- Athletic Madrid

European Cup:- Real Madrid

World Cup:- England

In 2014:-

Eurovision Song Contest:- Austria

La Liga:- Athletic Madrid

Champions League:- Real Madrid

World Cup:- ?

I can see it happening.

European Cup is now the Champions League.

The problem for England is that Germany are also taking part, let alone Brazil, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, & Argentina, the usual suspects.

Throw in very good sides like Belgium, Uruguay & Chile and the difficulties become apparent for England to negotiate past a number of these sides to progress.

I'd say England are on a par with the likes of France & Russia. May provide a stern test in a knockout game but will get beat eventually. For me, England are about my 10th choice as World Cup winners.

In the 2002 World Cup, Germany had their worst national side I had ever seen, or since, yet they still got to the final!

England are just not a tournament team, it is no coincidence that different generations of sucessful sides seem to come from the usual suspects for World Cups.

I actually cannot see England winning a game tbh.

Although to soften the blow I would have them as favs for the rugby world cup next year.

England could win, if they played attacking football and managed to defend as a team. The problem has always been that other teams have shown more determination to win. Blame is always put on the Premier League season being very demanding for players and they are too exhausted to play their best at the world cup.

I think Mexico will do very well, Germany will probably get to atleast the Semis, Brazil and Argentina will be favourites with a lot of support.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Roy is renowned for setting his sides up to be cautious, he's always focused on a very strong defence. Attacking yes, but not to the detriment of a solid defence. It's actually a very, very attacking squad. It's not safe.

I'm expecting big things from England. I just hope Roy has got his 'B' plan ready if things aren't going our way in matches. That has been one of his weaknesses in the past.

. They're a perfectly respectable team who could well make the quarters, and there's no shame in that. To finish the tournament as one of the top 8 teams in the world? Most of us would settle for that.

Making the 1/4's of a World Cup would just make them one of the top 8 in a cup competition, not the top 8 in the world, due to how a cup competition works. ie There would be another 28 sides England didn't play in that competition in reaching the 1/4's.

Bradford City were not the second best side in England when reaching the final of the League Cup last year. They were about position 76. They were just second best in that cup competition.

Also, it is conceivable to win just one game from four to reach the last 8. A 25% win rate.

I would have thought exiting at the 1/4's for the real cream of the crop, like Spain, Germany & Brazil etc would be a disaster.

The 1/4's is an achievement for the likes of South Korea or Tunisia.

Edited by Lawrence McGinty

Blame is always put on the Premier League season being very demanding for players and they are too exhausted to play their best at the world cup.

Yes, I agree and it is a rubbish excuse that is always trotted out.

Tiredness doesn't seem to affect those player's of other nations who also ply their trade in the English leagues but do well. And there are loads of them.

How young men at the peak of their fitness cannot play 180 minutes of football maybe every other week is beyond me.