CAP1 and British Gas refusing to remove defaults after fraud - i have the crime ref number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't know what happened to the format of that letter????

Working on Cap 1 this evening.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update, British Gas have finally removed their negative stain from my credit file.

I am left with waiting for CAPITAL ONE! to pull their finger out. They still have another collection company hassling me even thou I have told them about all my comms with Capital one. I will update further once i finally get rid of this capital one stain on my credit file. Its got to be easier than this!

Maybe a issue of claim forms threat or a ICO complaint will kick them up the backside. If they dont then deal with it in a suitable time frame, eg 7 days, then you complain to the ICO/issue a claim.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Just a quick update, British Gas have finally removed their negative stain from my credit file.

I am left with waiting for CAPITAL ONE! to pull their finger out. They still have another collection company hassling me even thou I have told them about all my comms with Capital one. I will update further once i finally get rid of this capital one stain on my credit file. Its got to be easier than this!

Which company has joined the fray now?

The ICO is unlikely to have a view on this, until all avenues are exhausted.

Refresh my old memory how far have you got with Capone, perhaps we can force their hand.

Richard Fairbank is the UK CEO perhaps he should be "filled in" on this scenario.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I thought you had advised writing to C1 ceo when u advised writing to the BG CEO

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I thought you had advised writing to C1 ceo when u advised writing to the BG CEO

And?

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if you can help further i want to write an email/letter to cap1 CEO and make a formal complaint. i want to write something specific but need a little help with the wording,

I would like to include the following;

I sent them money for a subject access request last year! they have not replied.

Their bailiff company is writing to me

i have already told them this is not my debt i.e. it was part of identity theft and every other negative stain on my credit file has been removed months ago now, only theirs remains.

I did not reside at the address that the default was issued to

i want the default removed immediately as i was never in receipt of it

I wish them to comply to my subject access request.

i have an fraud ref number and have reported this, they know this and are still ignoring me

I had a letter from them asking explaining that my signature does not match the one they have on file, when clearly it is not going to is it! its not my signature.

Sorry to be blunt but its getting me down now as i need to move and with this last only default on my credit file its really beginning to have a massive negative effect on my life.

Any help is so desperately needed and welcome. Please

Thanks thus far.

I wonder if you can help further i want to write an email/letter to cap1 CEO and make a formal complaint. i want to write something specific but need a little help with the wording,

I would like to include the following;

I sent them money for a subject access request last year! they have not replied.

Their bailiff company is writing to me

i have already told them this is not my debt i.e. it was part of identity theft and every other negative stain on my credit file has been removed months ago now, only theirs remains.

I did not reside at the address that the default was issued to

i want the default removed immediately as i was never in receipt of it

I wish them to comply to my subject access request.

i have an fraud ref number and have reported this, they know this and are still ignoring me

I had a letter from them asking explaining that my signature does not match the one they have on file, when clearly it is not going to is it! its not my signature.

Sorry to be blunt but its getting me down now as i need to move and with this last only default on my credit file its really beginning to have a massive negative effect on my life.

Any help is so desperately needed and welcome. Please

Thanks thus far.

OK .

Formal Complaint:

Ref: us their ref numbers:

Re: Alleged Debts/ Failure to Comply with Subject Access Request:

For the Personal Attention of Richard Fairbanks.

Dear Mr Fairbanks,

I write in regard to an alleged debt arising fro a fraudulently acquired Capital 1 account I have communicated the fact this this account is not mine.

I am not now nor ever have been a customer of Capital One Bank Europe Ltd.

On xx.xx xxxx a sent Capital One Bank a Subject Access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 to date Capital One have not complied with this request.

I require Capital One to rectify this with in 7 working days of the date hereon the statutory time scale of 40 days to comply is long past.

This fraudulent account has caused me considerable difficulty as Capital One has placed a defaulted account entry on my credit reference files for a debt that is not mine.

I now require Capital One to remove all data relating to this fraudulent account from all credit reference agencies to which it has been reported and to confirm in writing that it has done so.

I have provided Capital One with a "fraud number" regarding this matter which has been totally ignored, as have other communications.

It should be noted that all other companies with whom fraudulent account were opened have removed all defamatory incorrect data from my credit files only Capital One has ignored this situation.

Finally I seek financial redress from Capital One Bank for the embarrassment, distress, wasted time and cost of attempting to resolve this matter.

I believe that financial redress in the sum of £2000.00 is reasonable redress for matter. I would also require an explicit written apology from yourself regarding the disgraceful conduct of Capital One Bank.

Send by signed for post, check delivery date:

A Formal Complaint allows 56 days for investigation and response, failing a satisfactory response leaves you open to complaining to FOS.

Add to/amend the above to to suit.

one point...

they are not bailiffs!!

never confuse a powerless dca with a bailiff!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I got a reply from Capital One....... I am not very optimistic.

Dear Mr Peake,

Thank you for your email sent to Rich Fairbank.

I am a manager within the Executive Office and I am now looking into your complaint.

I will email you again within seven working days. In the meantime, should you require anything from me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Rachel Groves

The Executive Office

I got a reply from Capital One....... I am not very optimistic.

Dear Mr Peake,

I am a manager within the Executive Office and I am now looking into your complaint.

I will email you again within seven working days. In the meantime, should you require anything from me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Rachel Groves

The Executive Office

As always it pays to go straight to the top.

I don't think you need to be pessimistic!

Lets hope resolution is nigh!!

Hope this now kicks there butt into shape

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just an update.

I still have not received a tangible reply or resolution from capital one.

The mark remains on my file,

I have neither received another email and most certainly no letter from the executives office.

See below their last reply..

. they said they would reply in 7 days but they have not. Its well overdue.

What is there left to write to them?

anything?

i think it surely must be time to enforce the issue somewhere else.

They clearly are going to continue to ignore me and most certainly this stain on my file is causing me no end of distress now.

I cannot do anything,

i need to move forward....

this is their last reply.

...which i receive on the 15th September 2014 explaining i would get a reply within 7 days..

... i have had no such reply....

Dear Mr ,,,,,,

I will email you again within seven working days.

In the meantime, should you require anything from me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Rachel Groves

The Executive Office

Hi Guys

Just an update.

I still have not received a tangible reply or resolution from capital one.

The mark remains on my file,

I have neither received another email and most certainly no letter from the executives office.

See below their last reply..

. they said they would reply in 7 days but they have not. Its well overdue.

What is there left to write to them?

anything?

i think it surely must be time to enforce the issue somewhere else.

They clearly are going to continue to ignore me and most certainly this stain on my file is causing me no end of distress now.

I cannot do anything,

i need to move forward....

this is their last reply.

...which i receive on the 15th September 2014 explaining i would get a reply within 7 days..

... i have had no such reply....

Dear Mr ,,,,,,

I will email you again within seven working days.

In the meantime, should you require anything from me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Rachel Groves

The Executive Office

That reply clearly says 7 Working Days.

Time to kick butt. Send the lady a email/letter saying get a move on, or words to that effect. Give them 7 calendar days then go to the ICO