Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Azer Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Default CPP - Compensation Claim Form

Hiya,

I just received another letter from CPP which included a "Compensation claim formicon".

One of the section on this form is "Section B: Why you want to be considered for compensation?".

I've had the CCP thing on my Barclaysicon Credit Card since about 2006,

I do recall the Barclays staff urging me to take out this policy in order to protect from fraud, identity theft and such,
    and they were very insistent that I take it out.

What would you recommend to put in this section?

Shall I just mention that I was aggressively mis-soldicon a policy that I did not need? Thanks!

P.S. Not sure if this is relevant,
    but in December CPP took out another premium for this silly policy of 80 odd pounds from my Credit Card,

I immediately got in touch with the Barcalycard who advised I contact CPP directly and ask for cancelation and a refund,
    which I promptly did as well as give them a earful about how ridiculous it is to continue to take money from customers for a useless product.

Site Team theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

Default Re: CPP - Compensation Claim Form

if I remember correctly, they were going to give you the reason to put in the box within the letter you have received

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Well the letter does say, under a section titled Why you may be entitled to a refund that:
    You may have been given misleading or unclear information when you were sold your card protection, such as: - the policy said it covered you fro up to 100,000 (figure varied over time) worth of unauthorised transactions that occur after you inform CPP that a card was lost or stolen. But you did not need this element of the product's cover because your bank or card issuer was responsible for any transactions after your card had been reported lost or stolen. - the policy said it covered you for up to 5000 (figure varied over time) worth of unauthorised transactions that occur before you inform CPP that a card was lost or stolen.But we did not explain that you would only be liable for unauthorised transactions in limited circumstances, as your bank or card issuer would usually cover you for anything over the first 50 of those transactions. You may also have other concerns with the way your card protection policy was sold to you
    Going with the above, I guess maybe I should write something along the lines of:
    I want to be considered for compensation because the policy was aggressively mis-soldicon to me by a Barcalycard/CPP representative who presented misleading and unclear information as a result of which I took on a policy which I did not need as I was already adequately protected by my credit card issuer.
    Do you think the above is sufficient?

Basic Account Holder intend Novitiate intend's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2010
    I am in
    Suffolk

Azer - just rec'd same package and come accross your thread looking for the answer to the same question.

hope caggers in the know might provide some help.

Site Team theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by intend View Post
    Azer - just rec'd same package and come accross your thread looking for the answer to the same question.

hope caggers in the know might provide some help.
    you simply use the wording given in the letter containing the claim formicon,the cpp policies said exactly what they have stated, so you were given unclear and misleading information when you were sold the policy

Basic Account Holder intend Novitiate intend's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2010
    I am in
    Suffolk

cheers - will do

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Great! Thanks for the help! Will proceed as advised and revert if any problems with this approach.

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

just to be absolutely clear the policy figures in Jan 2005 were 50,000 and 1,000, increasing to 100,000 and 5,000 by 2008, which is why they say "figure varied over time", and dont forget if you bought or renewed prior to 14/01/2005, claim prior to that date from your credit card supplier at the int rate they charged you

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Thanks for the info Old Rouge! Much apprecaited!

Basic Account Holder Lee Thorndike Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2014
    I am in
    WORCESTER

REF: CPP "Compensation claim formicon".

What to fill In "Section B: Why you want to be considered for compensation?"

Keep it short and sweet and straight to the point, simply write:

1. I didn’t realise the plan was being offered by CPP, a third party

2. I was not aware you were already covered by the bank’s own anti-fraud policies

3. My bank told me it was an essential purchase

4. I purchased your policy based on unclear information

5. The risks the insurance protects against were overstated

I do recall the Barclaysicon staff urging me to take out this policy in order to protect from fraud, identity theft and such,
    and they were very insistent that I take it out.

What would you recommend to put in this section?

Shall I just mention that I was aggressively mis-soldicon a policy that I did not need? Thanks!

P.S. Not sure if this is relevant,
    but in December CPP took out another premium for this silly policy of 80 odd pounds from my Credit Card,

I immediately got in touch with the Barcalycard who advised I contact CPP directly and ask for cancelation and a refund,
    which I promptly did as well as give them a earful about how ridiculous it is to continue to take money from customers for a useless product.[/QUOTE]

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Thank you Lee!

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

You may have been given misleading or unclear information when you were sold your card protection, such as: - the policy said it covered you fro up to 100,000 (figure varied over time) worth of unauthorised transactions that occur after you inform CPP that a card was lost or stolen. But you did not need this element of the product's cover because your bank or card issuer was responsible for any transactions after your card had been reported lost or stolen. - the policy said it covered you for up to 5000 (figure varied over time) worth of unauthorised transactions that occur before you inform CPP that a card was lost or stolen.But we did not explain that you would only be liable for unauthorised transactions in limited circumstances, as your bank or card issuer would usually cover you for anything over the first 50 of those transactions. -Cheques have started to be sent out, using these reasons as previously explained

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Cheers TheOldRogue, will be keeping an eye out for mine!

Basic Account Holder Mendy Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2014

Hi,
    Newbie here.
    I received the CPP forms, but there were accidentally shredded in a clearout.
    Is there any way I can get a replacement form?

Thanks

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mendy View Post
    Hi,
    Newbie here.
    I received the CPP forms, but there were accidentally shredded in a clearout.
    Is there any way I can get a replacement form?

Thanks
    phone 08000 83 43 93 mon to fri 8am-9pm or 8am -6pm sat, and request replacement

Basic Account Holder Mendy Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2014

Perfect. Thanks

Basic Account Holder simo67 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2013

Just received a cheque yesterday for 60.20 for having CPP for around 2 years on a credit card a long time ago.
    I pretty much used the wording in the claim formicon.
    I was misled / not made aware that I was already sufficiently covered under existing banking/credit card regulations.
    2 letters, 2 replies sent back, 2 mins of my time and a 60 refund / result.
    Thanks to people from CAGicon and like minded people bringing this out in the open.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Quote Originally Posted by simo67 View Post
    Just received a cheque yesterday for 60.20 for having CPP for around 2 years on a credit card a long time ago.
    I pretty much used the wording in the claim formicon.
    I was misled / not made aware that I was already sufficiently covered under existing banking/credit card regulations.
    2 letters, 2 replies sent back, 2 mins of my time and a 60 refund / result.
    Thanks to people from CAGicon and like minded people bringing this out in the open.

Good stuff...every little helps!

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE