style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guy / gals,

Was going to ask a Question about RLP but have done my research on here and seem to have received my answer. However, I will post for everyone's research.

My step Daughter foolishly got caught shop lifting in Tesco's, she was skint and did not ask her mother for money. She has 4 kids, blah blah blah.

She has paid her £80 fixed penalty to the Criminal Law system.

So RLP and Tesco can charge for a security guards time, but the Police do not charge the step Daughter for their time and effort? Laughable really.....

I am posting her letter and will keep the group informed of any further correspondence after sending "JACKIE" a one liner....

Cheers CAG.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49157[/ATTACH]

If you read the other posts about RLP on here, it certainly does open your mind to what a set of con artists they are.

Have Tesco's sent RLP a Bill of £191.50 in my scenario?

Will Tesco get any commission of the £191.50?

Will every little help?

Tesco will be completely unaware of any action which RLP are taking in their name - there is almost certainly only an 'understanding'

If RLP are successful in fleecing somebody then Tesco will get a kickback, but the lion's share will remain with RLP

Makes you wonder how RLP can claim that the payment demanded is for the supermarket's 'costs' in dealing with an incident and in providing security resources when they don't actually receive most of the money that is paid? Yet another reason why an RLP demand can never be a genuine pre-estimate of loss n'est pas?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys / Gals

Thought I would update my little predicament with Rlp. Step daughter has ignored letters from RLP, but it appears she opened the brown envelope that Scotcall sent their begging letter in. I attach a copy for reference.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49834[/ATTACH]

Is it still the same advice and ignore Scotcall?

I have tried to console Step-daughter, but she is getting a bit stressed with the words court and legal action

Cheers.

Send a letter to Scotcall:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter dated xxxxx.

Any debt or liability to your client, or any company they claim to represent, is denied.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc.

This usually does the trick, because Scotcall know (or should know) that RLP's speculative invoices are not substantive debts. Once you have denied liability you are clearly disputing the matter. The OFT rules require them to cease collection activity in these circumstances. You may get a couple more of RLP's begging letters, but you are near the end now.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Think the penny has finally dropped with me in regards to how these people operate. If I sign a credit agreement for a loan / car finance the creditor, by law can take you to court and file for return off money owed and last resort Baliffs?

As I have not signed any agreement with RLP / SNOTCALL how can they ask for any monies. Is this the same thing as me sending a letter to RLP, with an invoice asking for £45 administrative services?

Regards

Guys / Gals,

would just like to add my layman terms on how I see this situation. How many people around this country receive these letters pay UP and do not have the power of CAG?

Regards

Hi Guys and Gals,

Think the penny has finally dropped with me in regards to how these people operate. If I sign a credit agreement for a loan / car finance the creditor, by law can take you to court and file for return off money owed and last resort Baliffs?

As I have not signed any agreement with RLP / SNOTCALL how can they ask for any monies. Is this the same thing as me sending a letter to RLP, with an invoice asking for £45 administrative services?

Regards

That's it, more or less. RLP's business model is called speculative invoicing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just a quick update on my case, RLP have started texting the Step-daughter as discussed on this site....

Thanks CAG, we are well informed and armed with your expert information.

Kind regards

You could send them a unilateral contract that state unless they produce "strict proof" of a debt that is the result of a contract between yourself and any party they represent then they agree that they are corresponding with you for the purposes of your acting as a marketing consultant and that they agree to pay you the sum of £80 per letter you are sent and the same sum for any reply you send as a result.

This will be more enforceable than their supposed debt.

Hi Guys / Gals,

Having a few problems with signing off with Virgin at Mo, they seem to think that are family signing an engineers upgrade sheet,equates to signing a new contract. Is this correct?

kIND REGARDS

Hi Guys / Gals,

Having a few problems with signing off with Virgin at Mo, they seem to think that are family signing an engineers upgrade sheet,equates to signing a new contract. Is this correct?

kIND REGARDS

Best to start a new thread for your Virgin problems....can't see that this is relevant to your RLP issue?

If scotcall are involved then youre almost at the end of jackies harassment campaign. Either ignore them completely or simply tell them that there is no debt and you will be forming a full complaint to the regulators.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys / Gals,

Just an update to this particular problem with RLP, and basically there is nothing to report.....

""THEY HAVE BUGGERED OFF""

So, for anyone reading who has problems with RLP, take advice from this group, "THEY GUD MAN"

Thanks Again....

• 1 month later...

Not "disappeared", just found another victim to harass - Although I fear they may be on to a mighty good hiding if they continue to pursue Madamfluff. :razz:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.