Uncle Bucks multiple loans nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Unfortunate, I got involved with Uncle Bucks loans.

I basically borrowed £350 from them as their web site stated no credit checks and I was trying to repair my bad credit file.

I used to rollover the payments by just paying the interest and small amount off loan. I know it wasn't ideal but I was pretty desperate.

However, last year they decided they wouldn't let me do that more than 3 times, and that I had to pay loan off and ask for new loan if I wanted one.

This I agreed to do. In fact I was so desperate I did it 3 more times.

Now my credit file is an utter mess as although they didn't do a credit check or inform the agencies of my payment performance for rollovers, they did for new loans of course.

I now have 4 credit searches and 4 closed settled accounts with one ongoing on my credit file.

I was never told that this would happen although I guess I should have guessed.

My credit file is now ruined for 6 years as no one will lend to me with 5 uncle bucks loans will they.

The cynic in me says they are doing this on purpose so that no-one will lend to me and I go back to them again and again.

I have complained to them but I received final response saying they did everything right and that I misunderstood.

I am now thinking of not paying the last installment as revenge and disputing their sky high interest charges

Any advice would be most welcome

Not paying them would be the start of your troubles.

Pay the last installment, and steer well clear of them, PDL companies really are the scourge of society, I put them in the same basket as MP's and Politicians, they all need to be gotten rid of.

Unless there is anything which is inaccurate on your credit file, then there is nothing that can be done.

I feel your pain, I really do, the best way to get back at them is to warn anyone else thinking of using them to stay well away, deprive them of their business.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

MP's and politicians can be voted out though, might take some time, but does happen.

But these companies. I know of many many people who are trapped in a spiral of debt and rollovers.

What a state!

I will pay them then stay away forever.

Just not happy with the way they dealt with it all

Thank you

Once you've paid the parasites their ill gotten gains, then you can always note your dissatisfaction to the OFT, TS, just another straw that may hopefully break the camels back and bring them all crashing down.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Even though you MAY be refused credit due to the PDL's being on your file, SOME lenders tend to give you the benefit of the doubt 3-4 years down the line providing you can show you havent taken out much credit since and you have maintained a stable line of credit.

The best way to sort things out, is to join your local credit union and start saving. Dont take any credit out for a good long while. This will show you arent reliant on it. You can also get cash builder credit cards that can help you build up your rating.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 10 months later...

Are you sure that they are all default markers for the same debt and not just them updating your files?

The fact that you took out several loans will allow them to register each loan separately.

It might be worth a complaint in the first instance to their Head/Registered office. Especially as you claim they pretty much forced you to take out a new loan in order to repay the previous one as you were struggling to keep up at the time.

This appears to be irresponsible lending at its worst, so.. the complaint to Uncle B's Head office - then escalate to both the Financial Ombudsman and the Financial Conduct Authority.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What would I get out of reporting them for irresponsible lending (It definitly was)

That wouldn't remove the files would it?

Well until you make the complaint, you really wont know. But it has been known for them to be ordered to reduce interest, repay charges, make compensation.

If you look round the forums, Wonga has been ordered to remove default information on loans that were mis sold or loaned irresponsibly.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You need to do a bit of self help here, look on their website and click on their complaints process that will tell you how to go a bout it and what you

can do if youre not happy with the way they have dealt with it.

No-one on here can tell you what to complain about, only you know that, by all means before you send your complaint, post it up here so others can view it and advise accordingly.