Caught shoplifting from Primark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. Thank you so much. I just need someone to reassure me. I can't talk to no one. I feel so depress at the moment. :(

Hi

that is what we are here for.

I would be better to start a thread of your own so when the toilet paper does arrive, support can be offered.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No need to feel depressed. Rlp have absolutely nothing to do with the uk legal system. Theyll try and say they do, but its a flat out lie and they say it to trick money out of you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you so much guys. I know im in the right website. I will never do it again ever. I was just too lazy to go on the que that's why I tried to sneak the stuff worth 6 pounds and it was totally not worth it. You know everytime I'm reminded with that incident I still feel shaking and heart beat faster. I was really scared and traumatized the way they treat. I still can't hold my tears back. And I think this will be the longest nightmare I will have for my life. I wish I could I hug all of you . You're all very helpful with my emotional and mental aspects at the moment. I hope you won't get tired helping others who realized and accepted their mistakes. And thank you for not judging. :(

Are you sure that primark cannot press charges afterwards? They have the CCTV I am guessing of the op stealing, so surely they can prove the accusation and bring about a prosecution retrospectively?

Or is there a time limit to be able to press charges?

Are you sure that primark cannot press charges afterwards? They have the CCTV I am guessing of the op stealing, so surely they can prove the accusation and bring about a prosecution retrospectively?

Or is there a time limit to be able to press charges?

They could, but they won't.

Question - Why did Primark not choose to involve the Police at the time?

Answer - Because we have an arrangement whereby we get an outside company to try and extract more money than a court would award us in compensation in the event of a prosecution. When the person doesn't play ball we thought that we might as well ask the police to prosecute instead!

That is what it comes down to, so it will not happen for very obvious reasons.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Primark will not press charges on £6. That is ALMOST guaranteed. They would prefer instead to either call the police, or give you a slap on the wrist.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They cant press charges, they can make a complaint to the police who can investigate and make recommendationd to the CPS but this will not be in the public interest for such a low value. RLP can do nothing except try and make you feel guilty about the matter enough to persuade you to pay them good money for nothing.

I'm not saying they would prosecute, if it's first offence the police would only caution anyway I'm guessing, rather than going to cps route.

Just before getting the thread back on track people, the police do not prosecute anyone. they send the evidence to the CPS who do make the prosecution. The Police only charge.

A complaint can be made by Primark but it is still down to the CPS to agree to prosecute. The CPS are publicly funded and for such a low value crime, they will not take it any further.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

They could but they havent so they wont. Lets stop arguing and go on facts pertaining to the issue posted.

Hey i am sorry i dint reply to your question,

but after reading all the replies i am sure u r not worried any more.

Well in my case i did receive one letter but there was no fine mentioned in it.

It was jst saying that if i think i have not done anything,

then reply to them in 21 days.

However, as suggested by everyone here i ignored the letter. I

am sure they will again send a mail to me after 21 days..

lets see what that says.

.. I was only worried coz i am an indian student and leaving in July

and i dont want to get stopped at airport coz of this stupidity i made.

I really wish all goes well and i reach india safely without any problems.

cheers

HAHA will never happen

go enjoy your life!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 10 months later...
Hey i am sorry i dint reply to your question,

but after reading all the replies i am sure u r not worried any more.

Well in my case i did receive one letter but there was no fine mentioned in it.

It was jst saying that if i think i have not done anything,

then reply to them in 21 days.

However, as suggested by everyone here i ignored the letter. I

am sure they will again send a mail to me after 21 days..

lets see what that says.

.. I was only worried coz i am an indian student and leaving in July

and i dont want to get stopped at airport coz of this stupidity i made.

I really wish all goes well and i reach india safely without any problems.

cheers

Hey Jaya

Hope you're doing good?

I am in the same situation you were in a few months back. I shoplifted at Primark and now i completely regret it.

I was caught, taken to a back door, took my name and address and then they let me go. No police involvement.

However, I am an international student leaving the country in a few days and i intend to return back to the Uk later this year.

You mentioned in your posts back then that you are also an international student, so i was hoping you'd be able to help answer a few questions.

Did you later pay the fine?

When you left the country, were there any strange happenings at the airport because of your shoplifting issue?

Have you tried reapplying for a re-entry into the UK and was it successful?

So far, have you experienced any problems due to the shoplifting issue.

I am really worried and deeply need your help in answering these questions.

I hope to read from you soon.

Thank you and best regards,

Zaha.

Hey Jaya

Hope you're doing good?

I am in the same situation you were in a few months back. I shoplifted at Primark and now i completely regret it.

I was caught, taken to a back door, took my name and address and then they let me go. No police involvement.

However, I am an international student leaving the country in a few days and i intend to return back to the Uk later this year.

You mentioned in your posts back then that you are also an international student, so i was hoping you'd be able to help answer a few questions.

Did you later pay the fine? - IT IS NOT A FINE..DO NOT PAY RLP ANYTHING EVER

When you left the country, were there any strange happenings at the airport because of your shoplifting issue? - NO POLIVE INVOLVENT = NO WORRIES

Have you tried reapplying for a re-entry into the UK and was it successful? - RLP CAN NEVER EFFECT THAT

So far, have you experienced any problems due to the shoplifting issue.

I am really worried and deeply need your help in answering these questions.

I hope to read from you soon.

Thank you and best regards,

Zaha.

please simply TOTALLY forget it ever happened

RLP CAN DO NOTHING TO YOU

or HARM YOU IN ANYWAY

NOTHING they do or imply ever happens.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

have a read of this thread as it may put your mind at rest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?430028-shoplifter-TXMAX-visa**Got-a-Visa**&p=4586313&viewfull=1#post4586313

RLP (and the others) don't report anything to official bodies. It is only where a CRIMINAL case (not a civil claim) where this may affect visa applications and as such you should have nothing to worry about especially from this 'company'

• 1 year later...
As a security officer in primark. Cctv is done without a cctv licence.

Very interesting. Are you able to quantify that?

Is it possible that the head office has the licence whereas the individual stores do not?

I'm checking with sia, tomorrow. But research suggests it's illegal. Going to confirm tomorrow with you

Don't put your job at risk. If needed you can send it via private message to any member of the site team.