Argos Store card default Charges

alienskumm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I thought I would make this post, I have found a couple of other posts on here on this subject but they don't go anywhere or get finished. I always finish something I set out to do so I will follow through with this thread to it's conclusion.

I have set out claiming refunds from all of the people I have had financial dealings with and so far through being bull headed I have had successes with Blackhorse (full refund of charges) and Lombard (full refund of charges) the next two on my radar are Argos store card (Home Retail Group) and Asda Credit card (Santander) both have rejected my claims to date.

This post is about Argos, I have attached a copy of their reject letter, can you please have a look through it and give me your thoughts, I do not really want to go to the ombudsmen, I think I know that they will agree with Argos, so I believe my alternative is small claims.

Please let me know what you think. My claim is for £155.25 (£108 charges).

AS

Idem/ACM and RBS Lombard Full refund of fees.

Blackhorse Car Loan Full refund of fees without argument.

Argos store card (Home Retail Group) are fighting back. see my posts.

Their charges are unlawful and unenforceable. Go to the FOS instead of court. The charges also dont come under the limitation act iirc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-charges

Thats for credit cards, but the idea is still the same

http://www.money.co.uk/article/1003229-how-to-reclaim-your-credit-card-charges.htm

1. Stick to your guns:

Credit card companies don’t like giving money back so they’ll try to put you off, even citing the changes around bank charges as a reason to delay your credit card claim. Don’t let them get away with it – they have to deal with your claim now, one way or another.

Read more: http://www.money.co.uk/article/1003229-how-to-reclaim-your-credit-card-charges.htm#ixzz2sNlpEpSr

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

charge are covered by the 6yrs

but you can goto court and challenge that.

the FOS are a waste of time of charges

they will not make a decision.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

any PENALTY charge is unlawful.

until/unless they publish their cost

regardless of employing some bod to assess them

[same trick as what GE pulled]

however they are correct that they can offset as all CCC's can do

as long as they own the account.

so sounds like they are going to do that.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for all of the info, excellent as usual, dx the good news is the account is paid in full so they do owe me.

I am going to do the same as I did with Arden (Lombard) and ask them for a break down of their costs. It alleges in the letter that it costs £12 to send a letter, two of the charges I am claiming are letter fees.

AS

that's the way to do it!!

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

I have received a further rejection letter from Argos Store Card, this time it looks like even a team leader hasn't got a clue what they are doing. I have never mentioned Coversafe Insurance, I didn't have any insurance on this card.

I now have to make a decision wether to go the LBA, Court route or try out the FOS, I am still not confident in the FOS.

If I go to court can I get access to the documents they intend to use as Evidence in their defence? As it states in this letter.

Any experience other caggers have or advice would be appreciated, I am not giving up this easily, they cannot justify £12 to send a letter.

Thanks

AS

until they publish their costs then they remain a PENALTY charge and thus unlawful.

even the OFT/FSA doc says so.

dx

and they