Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Jmarie80 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2014

Question Can you find out if bank accounts accessed or monitored by DWP

I recently had a compliance interview and was asked to bring bank statements. However the officer didn't really look at them or take them, but I'm sure she was looking at some paperwork that I'm convinced was her own copy...... can I find out from my bank if the DWP or any third party has accessed my bank statements ........... thanks!

Basic Account Holder Beatrice Bee Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2013
    I am in
    London

Default Re: Can you find out if bank accounts accessed or monitored by DWP

Did they ask you any questions? Can you say what it was? They photocopied my bank statement, tenancy agreement, passport but did not ask any questions and claim that was it: they just wanted to update my file because I've just finished the Work Programme and the details the JCP holds are 2 years old, pre WP.

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Compliance officers cannot access your bank account. If authorised DWP officers have accessed your details (very, very few have this power) then there's no way to find that out, any more than you can force the police to tell you that they're investigating you.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?
    ---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

I can't give advice by PM - please post on the forums. I do advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer or Welfare Rights Adviser. If you wish to check my advice against other independent sources, please do.

CAG exists because of your support, so if you feel able to help out by donating it would be welcome, but rest assured that our advice and support is free.

"The idea that the poor should have leisure has always been shocking to the rich"
    --Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Jmarie80 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2014

oh, ok thanks. My boyfriend (who I don't live with for goodness sake!) wants to pay 20 into my account to cover my internet subscription as I am fully over-drawn even after receiving my JSA, but I'm too scared in case they are monitoring my account ...so frustrating....I guess even after compliance interview, the `decision maker' may have decided to access my account :S

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarie80 View Post
    oh, ok thanks. My boyfriend (who I don't live with for goodness sake!) wants to pay 20 into my account to cover my internet subscription as I am fully over-drawn even after receiving my JSA, but I'm too scared in case they are monitoring my account ...so frustrating....I guess even after compliance interview, the `decision maker' may have decided to access my account :S
    Decision Makers can't access your account. As I said, only a very limited number of Fraud Investigators can do this, and they need to be able to justify the action by showing that they have articulable suspicion that you are committing a crime. They can't just go on whimsical fishing expeditions into the bank accounts of random claimants. A one-off gift of 20 is not going to trigger a fraud investigation.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?
    ---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

I can't give advice by PM - please post on the forums. I do advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer or Welfare Rights Adviser. If you wish to check my advice against other independent sources, please do.

CAG exists because of your support, so if you feel able to help out by donating it would be welcome, but rest assured that our advice and support is free.

"The idea that the poor should have leisure has always been shocking to the rich"
    --Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE