• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Real Man Shaving, proper manly stuff, barber style, like grandpa.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got fed up with the high cost of cartridge type razors which started of with one blade and suddenly had 5 blades and started vibrating and taking countless £'s out of my pocket every time I went to the supermarket.

Consumerism gone mad and paying for high cost advertising.

Switched to a double edged safety razor and save pounds. Bought a brush and use natural products which are more environmentally friendly, sometimes cheaper and can be lighter on he pocket.

More importantly, it gives a far superior and improved shave, stops the possibility of ingrown hairs and is more relaxing than a cartridge razor. It makes shaving fun in this fast paced world.

Electric razors. Don't get me started on them. I have several in drawers that never get used, never delivered on their promises and cost a fortune.

If anyone wants suggestions or assistance, I am happy to oblige.

A typical pack of 4 cartridge blades costs about £12- £16, sometime you get an offer including a razor which ties you to that make.

The more blades you have in a cartridge the more they get blocked up with gunk ie shaving foam and beard hair. It is almost impossible to clean them when a single blade is cheaper and easier to use.

Here is how I started

Double edged safety razor- basic razor and 10 Wilkinson blades for £8.99 (see, saved money already). Better made and more costly razors are of course available ie Muhle, Merkur, Parker, etc. Cheapest razor I have seen is £1.99 from China, and they make razors for a lot of the main sellers in Europe and USA.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-DOUBLE-EDGE-SAFETY-RAZOR-10-WILKINSON-SWORD-SHAVING-BLADE-FREE-/121234615634?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item1c3a256d52

You can buy 100 Rapira blades for £7.89, post free from Turkey. (not many DE blades are sold in UK although Boots, Asda, Tesco etc have them and Home Bargains also sometimes have Persona which is another excellent blade). Those blades work out at 8p per blade. What does a cartridge cost you? You can afford to throw these out (safely disposing of them of course) after 5/6/7 shaves dependent on how strong your beard growth is. The Rapira blades are a good all round blade, made to high standard.

Give up on tins of shaving soap gunk made by Gilette or Wilkinson. They are expensive and damage the environment. You pay for advertising and they are full of chemicals. One of the products I use is a Turkish soap called Arko. This costs £3.65 (post free) and is what Turkish barbers use:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARKO-SHAVING-CREAM-SOAP-WITH-BOWL-CASE-90-GRAMS-FREE-UK-DELIVERY-/201002518265?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&var=&hash=item2eccaf06f9

Next you need a brush. This Omega one is excellent and under £8 (you can get synthetic ones if you don't want to use animal products) ie badger etc. :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-10077-SHAVING-BRUSH-NATURAL-BOAR-BRISTLE-GREEN-BLACK-HANDLE-/190952230390?pt=US_Shaving_Hair_Removal&hash=item2c75a3cdf6

That is you equipped with blades that will last a year and the basics needed, which I bet will save you 50% on what you currently pay in the first year alone, with even bigger savings in future years as the capital cost of the razor and brush are already paid for.

Then all you need is some guidance on how to use a safety razor and there is plenty of that available on youtube.

Found an even better offer on the Rapira blades. 400 blades for £20, post free from Turkey. That would last about 3 years. Just think what would have been spent on over priced cartridge blades. They are a complete rip off.

These Rapira's are just 5p a blade. I told you it could be cheap.

You could also consider giving a cheap shaving set and blades as a Christmas present by buying some things over the course of the year.

Guys, this method of shaving will stop the missus from pinching your current razor for her legs and under arms, as she will not be tempted to use this set up.

• 3 months later...

I enjoy using a cutthroat! It took a few months to get the hang of but it sure gives you an extra sense of "manliness" when you do it the real old fashioned way :)

Guaranteed the missus won't use it then! haha :D

Only drawback is if you're late and you need a quick-shave, I'd HIGHLY not advise this... lol

While this thread contains excellent advice, novice or young shavers should be aware that the cut throat razor requires a very high degree of skill to shave day in, day out without having to turn up at work with half a dozen dabs of tissue paper stuck to your face (with blood).

While somewhat accepted in the '50s and '60s, the "tissue paper look" is distinctly unfashionable these days.

Safety razors merely require a high level of skill to avoid the same look, instead of a very high level.

• 2 weeks later...

I found I cut myself a lot less whenI used baby powder as opposed to shaving cream wit the cut throat. Dunno why or how, but it worked :D But lol @ Bandit... Yeah it's all fun and games when you're learning :D

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Wilkinsons Sword razors are rubbish. I have been using Gillete mach3 for over 10 years. I had about 10 razor blades, some of which I gave to the ex but they have lasted me from 2002 to NOW. Gillete really IS the best a man can get! So in other words I haven't actually bought new razors of any kind since 2002?

Edited by TraineeAngel66

So in other words I haven't actually bought new razors of any kind since 2002?

You'll be tripping over your beard by now !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 month later...

(From a female of this parish) As a side observation, a real DS shave leaves the skin altogether more snugglable against. Completely Unlike the results from an electric razor - I have retreated from embraces when I was getting an unexpected dermal abrasion. Avoid the multi-blades, put the time in with the assorted soaps & other shaving unguents & enjoy the many benefits!

(From a female of this parish) As a side observation, a real DS shave leaves the skin altogether more snugglable against. ....I have retreated from embraces when I was getting an unexpected dermal abrasion..........

pound.gif

disgusting things are beards and moustaches, they harbour more germs then the toilet! yuk.

:yuck:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

:wof::sick:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019