Building Insurance Delays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,was wondering if anyone could advise at all.In October, my kitchen ceiling collpased, due to a leak.A claim was made (less the £250 excess), for repairs to the ceiling and was settled.It turned out that not only was the ceiling affected, but one of the walls was soaking too (discovered during ceiling repair work).I contacted the insurance company and told them what had happened.They sent in a drying company and it took 3 weeks to dry the wall. I had to have the wall stripped down to the brick before this could be done - obviously the plaster and wood etc was ruined by the water.The insurance already told me they would not pay for the disposal of the rubble and kitchen units *sigh*.The kitchen had to be scrapped - this was old and needed a replacement anyway so I told the insurance I would not be claming for the units.I sent them an estimate for the rebuilding of the wall and had the work done.They are now stalling - they will ignore me for a week and then ask me for pictures of the damage (I had actually taken pictures although was never advised do to so).I sent them the pics - 10 days later they ask for a quote - sent - a week later they ask for the builders contact details - sent.I have been without a kitchen since October and cannot afford a new one until this claim is settled.Are there any guidelines on how long this process can take? Surely people can't be expected to be without a kitchen for an age?Thank you very much

Delay is not acceptable. Make a complaint to the Insurers head of claims, threatening to involve the FOS. The only guidelines are from the FCA handbook.

http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/ICOBS/8/1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread