Nightmare that is Creation finance

m3lavo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I have been in dispute with creation finance for about 3 years regarding a sofa that we bought which was faulty. We managed to sort that out and have agreed with creation to pay the £600 they finally agree that we owe. The problem is they have recorded defaults with a credit reference agency for £3100 (interest on original balance which they have agreed we don't owe) This of course has resulted in a decline for credit which we are fuming about. Creation have sent us a letter dated 02/01/14 saying to pay within 14 days and once payment is received they will restore the credit file removing all defaults, the letter was recieved today and I am advising them i will pay within 14 days of receipt of letter. Am i in a position to ask that they remove them before we pay them or at least correct the amount owed and remove defaults ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

If you can prove beyond doubt that the money was paid to them and the account paid in full... You should be able to succeed in a claim or complaint against them. Gather your records, trace the destination of the lodged cheque and have your ammunition in hand. Have you tried the Legal Services Ombudsman? Whilst they are not the most pro consumber org. They can help to 'focus the mind' of the credit provider, if it is clear to see that the error was theirs and you can provide evidence to support that assertion. Good luck! Having problems with Creation myself.... DETERMINED not to let them get away with it.