ESA suspended

sarahhorton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I urgently need some advice/help. I have a friend on incapacity benefit which i believe is now esa. She have been NFA - no fixed abode, as far as income support. But she moved into a few months ago but forgot change her NFA status.

She has correspondence mail to me (including benefits P.O payment letters to me) as a safe postal address. Her money was stopped recently, she didn't know anything about it until it didn't go in around 22 December I received no letters from anyone, she did not either.

After much to-ING and fro-ING it seems it it the compliance department around 10th December, that have tried to contact her (first by standard letter) and then (i think)by telephone and because she always loses her mobile, changes number, could not do so.

At present we do not know where letter was sent. The letter stated for her to attend an appointment. no information on what the appointment is has been given by income support, as complience team i different. It should have come here as a c/o address, but didnt. approx 10th december 2013.

We were told by income support that they then tried to contact by telephone but to no avail and her money was then suspended. we were tolds this is standard practice. IS THIS TRUE?

She suffers from severe social anxiety, BDD and post traumatic stress, She had to have major operations upon her face a few years ago, maxifacial reconstuction, due to a terrible mugging. The |Surgical term a

zygomatic osteomony. The BDD was long before the operations.

She has been written off to such an extent that even ATOS appointments have rescinded appointments once relevant doctors notes have been sent. I'm assuming that the problem is therfore, because she has not been to an atos apointment (though many have been made and then rescinded) and is on esa

long term, and constant moving address, and the NFA, hostel address with housing benefit , and the c/o address all being different, it may be the suspicion of fraud? i.e they want to check this person exists?

also before she went NFA no fixed abode she was living in the same areas as the c/o address, now she has moved to a different area so the hostal address is outside her previous income support area, though close by.

One final point, she always loses her P/O benefits cards, and constantly has new ones. would this have flagged the system as well?

she is scared terribly that its something to do with atos, or something. can someone shed some light on this situation as she does not understand, considering they would have medical info (correct?) on her disabilities, that she should be asked to come in for an interview, when even ATOS have said she does not need to come in. she is fearful. and extremely worried. can any relevant problems be done over the phone? income support could offer no more info, and the compliance team are not around till Thursday, she is not sleeping well

can someone full answer these points? thank you

Sarah's previous thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4619471&highlight=

http://dwpexamination.org/forum/general-discussion/atos-advice-urgently-needed/

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1830566

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I urgently need some advice/help. I have a friend on incapacity benefit which i believe is now esa. She have been NFA - no fixed abode, as far as income support. But she moved into a few months ago but forgot change her NFA status.

She has correspondence mail to me (including benefits P.O payment letters to me) as a safe postal address. Her money was stopped recently, she didn't know anything about it until it didn't go in around 22 December I received no letters from anyone, she did not either.

After much to-ING and fro-ING it seems it it the compliance department around 10th December, that have tried to contact her (first by standard letter) and then (i think)by telephone and because she always loses her mobile, changes number, could not do so.

At present we do not know where letter was sent. The letter stated for her to attend an appointment. no information on what the appointment is has been given by income support, as complience team i different. It should have come here as a c/o address, but didnt. approx 10th december 2013.

We were told by income support that they then tried to contact by telephone but to no avail and her money was then suspended. we were tolds this is standard practice. IS THIS TRUE?

She suffers from severe social anxiety, BDD and post traumatic stress, She had to have major operations upon her face a few years ago, maxifacial reconstuction, due to a terrible mugging. The |Surgical term a

She has been written off to such an extent that even ATOS appointments have rescinded appointments once relevant doctors notes have been sent. I'm assuming that the problem is therfore, because she has not been to an atos apointment (though many have been made and then rescinded) and is on esa

long term, and constant moving address, and the NFA, hostel address with housing benefit , and the c/o address all being different, it may be the suspicion of fraud? i.e they want to check this person exists?

also before she went NFA no fixed abode she was living in the same areas as the c/o address, now she has moved to a different area so the hostal address is outside her previous income support area, though close by.

One final point, she always loses her P/O benefits cards, and constantly has new ones. would this have flagged the system as well?

she is scared terribly that its something to do with atos, or something. can someone shed some light on this situation as she does not understand, considering they would have medical info (correct?) on her disabilities, that she should be asked to come in for an interview, when even ATOS have said she does not need to come in. she is fearful. and extremely worried. can any relevant problems be done over the phone? income support could offer no more info, and the compliance team are not around till Thursday, she is not sleeping well

can someone full answer these points? thank you

And here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4856693

as Problem1

can someone full answer these points? thank you.

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• 2 weeks later...

At present we do not know where letter was sent. The letter stated for her to attend an appointment. no information on what the appointment is has been given by income support, as compliance team i different. It should have come here as a c/o address, but didn't. approx 10th December 2013.

also before she went NFA no fixed abode she was living in the same areas as the c/o address, now she has moved to a different area so the hostel address is outside her previous income support area, though close by.

********** original post ends****************

please note, i really appreciate all genuine help thank you for that. i have had some attacks from some members. i don't understand why. what Ive said has been the truth. I'm trying to help-someone;

I finally managed to get an answer from the compliance team (over the phone) could people, helpful people, respond to the below? thank you

literally begged for information on behalf of the person. The answered that because the person has been on the benefits for so long they which to verify the claimant?), by going into the job center and verifying themselves in person!

Problem being because of her social anxiety issues she doesn't want to go and is afraid they will pin her down with more questions.

The question I suppose is - If the compliance team (from the phone conversation i had) say they just want to id the person, i.e verify they exist. is this is all they want to do? they admitted this was the reason on the phone. I find this strange i manages to get this out of them considering they are out to target fraud and suchlike. i read they usually keep things close to their chest?

can/should I drag the person to the job-centre and guarantee them it will be a quick procedure or do you think it will be far more convoluted?

Also by forcing her to go to a job-centre could atos be informed that the person is not as 'ill' as they say?

Just want to clarify as they say that they want to confirm her identity what would they expect for her to bring to the job center in forms of ID. She has no passport or drivers license. Her ID is very limited. Will they be able to verify her by other means? Questions re her history, previous addresses etc

How long can she expect to be at the job center. Will the compliance happen there and then or will she be asked to return?

How long will it take approximately before money is reinstated?

Are there any payments that she can apply for in the interim?

thanks (hopefully) for all you help. We really appreciate it.

please note, i really appreciate all genuine help thank you for that. i have had some attacks from some members. i don't understand why. what Ive said has been the truth. I'm trying to help-someone;

Just want to clarify as they say that they want to confirm her identity what would they expect for her to bring to the job center in forms of ID. She has no passport or drivers license. Her ID is very limited. Will they be able to verify her by other means? Questions re her history, previous addresses etc

If you have had messages or posts that cause offence or distress, report them via the little triangle (left side of the grey bay at the bottom of each post). The site team is pretty hot on infractions and have high standards.

As for the compliance team - If your friend is unable to cope with a visit to a JCP office, ask the team to consider a home visit. An appointment at a JCP office could be a simple "in and out in five minutes", although based on my own experiences, they keep you waiting for 30 minutes or more.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

At present we do not know where letter was sent. The letter stated for her to attend an appointment. no information on what the appointment is has been given by income support, as compliance team i different. It should have come here as a c/o address, but didn't. approx 10th December 2013.

also before she went NFA no fixed abode she was living in the same areas as the c/o address, now she has moved to a different area so the hostel address is outside her previous income support area, though close by.

I finally managed to get an answer from the compliance team (over the phone) could people, helpful people, respond to the below? thank you

literally begged for information on behalf of the person. The answered that because the person has been on the benefits for so long they which to verify the claimant?), by going into the job center and verifying themselves in person!

Problem being because of her social anxiety issues she doesn't want to go and is afraid they will pin her down with more questions.

The question I suppose is - If the compliance team (from the phone conversation i had) say they just want to id the person, i.e verify they exist. is this is all they want to do? they admitted this was the reason on the phone. I find this strange i manages to get this out of them considering they are out to target fraud and suchlike. i read they usually keep things close to their chest?

can/should I drag the person to the job-centre and guarantee them it will be a quick procedure or do you think it will be far more convoluted?

Also by forcing her to go to a job-centre could atos be informed that the person is not as 'ill' as they say?

How long can she expect to be at the job center. Will the compliance happen there and then or will she be asked to return?

OP Previous thread on same subject

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?414493-ESA-suspended&p=4439576#post4439576

Same subject,different user name http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64414542

Plus

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64312704&postcount=14

?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

She will need to take to the JCP whatever ID she has, her birth certificate, bank account statements and a bill or two at her current address are some suggestions. They are likely to ask her a few more ID questions too, to confirm. I don't think it is right to drag anyone anywhere though, but you can offer your support if she is willing to go with you. A home visit is an alternative. No, by going to the JCP with the ID you haven't convinced either DWP or Atos that she is well enough to work or anything, many people gain enough points to be put in the support group by turning up for assessments every single day.

:sarahhorton:

On CAG we don't really care who's asking for advice, the person who needs it or a friend on his/her behalf. But you and your friend will get more informed, better quality advice, when we're not trying to :juggle: between multiple threads.

The purpose of compliance letters and interviews is to check that's all as it should be with a claim. At this stage there's no suggestion of fraud. Over 50% of compliance checks are selected at random by a computer. The rest are triggered by minor irregularities or by Jobcentreplus simply needing more info. There's exceptions, but more often than not Jobcentreplus will suspend payment of a benefit if they don't get a response to a compliance enquiry. Was the impasse over last year's work capability assessment resolved? If not, it could have triggered this compliance check.

Length of a compliance interview can be anything from a quick in n out, to an hour or so depending on the info Jobcentreplus want to check. The original invite would have listed the documents they'd like you to have available, so you need to find out what they want to see. If you believe mental health issues preclude the Jobcentre, you can ask for a home visit but they get the final say. Should this become another impasse, a supportive letter from a health professional may help.

Nothing of what happens during a compliance interview will get back to Atos, none of their business. A Jobcentreplus decision maker making a determination about capability for work will have access to it but that shouldn't be a problem if all's as it should be with the claim. Whether there's further compliance activity will depend on the outcome of the initial interview. As will reinstatement of benefit payments.

In a nutshell; if there's nothing to hide it'll be a quick check and the suspension of payments will be lifted.

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

Edited by **Margaret**