Ann summers problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was a party planner and my earnings didnt really cover much

slowly i slided down to the point where i wasnt making a penny for my time

i packed up my whole kit (just over £250 worth) and sent it back via their choice of returns.

They are now trying to claim i still owe £220.00! even though my kit should have covered it.

with various tennis emails ive decided i will just repay what i supposedly owe and what not.

i sent them an email yesterday saying i was willing to set up a payment plan of £5 a week, (£20 a month)

and would like any interest or charges frozen so i can repay what i owe without

digging deeper in debt. i have had this for a reply :

Collections Team wrote:

Good afternoon Hazel,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we can only set a payment plan up of 3 months, and therefore we are unable to accept the payment of £5 a week.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

can they actually do this? i replied asking how much it would be over 3months this is the reply :

Good afternoon Hazel,

That would be £73.98 for 2 months and £73.99 for the last month, we would need you to call us to make the first payment and to set up the payment plan.

can they only set up a payment plan over 3months? what is the difference to if i want to set it up over 6 months? ive replied to try and haggle it over 6 months any help here?!

Theyre doing their normal crap. Repayments are made by what you can afford. Not what they say.

It really is as simple as that

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

this was my reply :

I apologize but i wouldnt be able to pay £73 a month back as i would not be able to afford this.

I would however like to get the debt cleared quickly just like yourselves! Would you perhaps

be able to spread this over 6 months instead? Making it £36.98 for five months then a final payment

of £36.99. With being on benefits i feel this is a very generous offer towards sorting this arrangement

out thanks.

no reply as of yet, but if they decline this what would i be able to do? leave it until they try and take me to court for it or what??

i am keeping everything in writing dont want any phone calls this way i can keep note of everything!!

p.s. is there any letter templates with laws on repayment plans at all??

i packed up my whole kit (just over £250 worth) and sent it back via their choice of returns.

They are now trying to claim i still owe £220.00! even though my kit should have covered it.

Why do they say you owe them £220.00?

If you haven't already done so, ask them (in writing) for a breakdown of what they think you owe and why they think you owe it.

Agree with the above post. Do NOT pay a single penny until you have a comprehensive breakdown of the alleged amount owed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes, I would want to know how they have come to this figure of £220.00. Do you have a written contract with them that advises any liabilities in the event you wish to quit ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

they have already sent me a break down of why i owe it, i sent my kit in two parcels

and they apparently didnt recieve the second parcel which means i am liable for it

even though the parcels were picked up together signed for together!

recieved a reply to my offer still refusing!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to set up a longer payment plan than 3 months.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

*Please ensure that you reply with all emails attached, and reply to the Communications Team ([email protected]) rather than directly to the Operator, this will ensure your query is dealt with as the Operator may not be available to deal with your query*

frustrating just want to get them off my credit rating!!!!

So they have signed for both parcels, but say they have only received one ? Have you obtained the proof of receipt by them ?

If you paid for the extra "signed for" and they are saying that one parcel is missing, you should be able to reclaim from the carrier.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do NOT let them bully you into paying more than you can afford. You have made an offer over 6 months which apparently even then is stretching your finances.

Tell them, that is all you can afford and if they feel unable to accept this then you are quite happy for them to place their case before a Judge, at which point you will confirm you have made this offer and it was refused by them.

BCOBS

No they dont sign the parcels basically you pack the kit into a box and ann summers arrange for a courier to collect

when they collect your given a barcode to put on the parcel (but it only goes on one parcel out of the two) then they sign a receipt (which i think i have still got somewhere)

and take the parcels. from the point that it left my door to ann summers the second parcel seemed to have disappeared hence the outstanding balance. ive heard its not the first time

from places like ann summers and avon. i cant reclaim from the courier as its ann summers that arranged it all with them im literately the middle person that ends up with all the charges.

No they dont sign the parcels basically you pack the kit into a box and ann summers arrange for a courier to collect

when they collect your given a barcode to put on the parcel (but it only goes on one parcel out of the two) then they sign a receipt (which i think i have still got somewhere)

Find the reciept, if it says they collected two parcels then you owe them nothing.

Photocopy the receipt and send that to them. Never send them the original..

For sure, dont let the original receipt out of your possession. Photocopy it.

Let us know if you find the receipt, although the carrier should be able to provide a copy of theirs and we can help you draft a letter confirming that you will NOT be paying them anything.

:)

BCOBS

i will look for the reciept now, who do i give the receipt to to prove that i dont owe anything??

As others have said, keep it and send a photocopy. I would think that the receipt will have a number on it, so emailing them stating you have the receipt showing you gave the courier two parcels should be enough, as they can contact the courier and confirm what is on the receipt.

I would not pay them one single penny. If they [ Summers] arrange for the goods to be picked up by courier , then that is the end of the matter. Even without a receipt , i would not pay this ridiculous so called debt. The burden of proof is with Anne Summers, not you. If you still have a copy of the receipt, ... game over, but even without one , they are on very shaky ground IMO. Good luck & try not to worry