Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder jokecentre Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2013

Default JSA Payments Christmas

hi

I went to sign on today at the JC and was told I may or may not receive my money before Christmas. Usually I'd receive my cash on the Friday from signing on the Tuesday (today) I got given a letter explaining that between 18th and 31st December payments that fall between then may or may not be put through. I have nothing in my bank at the moment and am relying on my JSA for Christmas, I have presents to still get. This uncertainty has worried me and I don't know what to do! if I dont get my payment I have to wait till 3rd Jan!!! in between then I have to see my advisor on NYE! but this apparently isnt a sign on (usually when I see my advisor he signs me on as well all in one go) so what are my options? surely they wont leave people high and dry this Christmas?. Ive heard loans from the JC are zilch as they have done away with them. Im pretty naffed off!

Can anyone offer me some advice or is there anyone else who is in the same boat and maybe know more than me?

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Default Re: JSA Payments Christmas

Can you post up the letter that says you "may or may not be paid".

If you signed on today, you should be paid on Friday as normal. Payments due on one of the bank holidays (25th, 26th December, 1st Jan and 2nd Jan in Scotland only) should be advanced to the last working day prior to the holidayicon.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?
    ---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

I can't give advice by PM - please post on the forums. I do advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer or Welfare Rights Adviser. If you wish to check my advice against other independent sources, please do.

CAG exists because of your support, so if you feel able to help out by donating it would be welcome, but rest assured that our advice and support is free.

"The idea that the poor should have leisure has always been shocking to the rich"
    --Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by antone View Post
    Can you post up the letter that says you "may or may not be paid".

If you signed on today, you should be paid on Friday as normal. Payments due on one of the bank holidays (25th, 26th December, 1st Jan and 2nd Jan in Scotland only) should be advanced to the last working day prior to the holidayicon.
    I have no way of uploading it at present but just going over it with my Dad still doesnt make it any clearer, I either get paid before Xmas or on the 3rd Jan. Here is what is written on the letter word for word.

"Over the holiday period you may get your payments earlier than normal. You must still attend the Jobcentre at your normal time on the dates shown below

Tues 14th Jan 2014

You must also attend any advisory interview which we have arranged for you. We will have told you separately if we have arranged an advisory interview for you.

PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS OVER THE HOLIDAY PERIOD

If you are entitled to JSA you can expect to receive payment on:

Fri 3rd Jan 2014 (the date you can expect to receive payment) - This payment is for the dates from 18th Dec - 31st Dec

Although we may send your payments early, we will not treat them as overdue until three working days after your normal attendance day.

To avoid any confusion please keep a note of payments you receive during the holiday period and the dates they are for"

So in one breath it says I may receive payments early or on 3rd Jan, what Im wondering is have any other users here had their payments early or been told for definate they are? Im just a bit panicky here because the JC are pretty much deciding whether I have a Christmas or not!.

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Right, so it's not saying that you "may or may not" get your payments. You'll get them.

With regard to Xmas, you'll get your money on Friday this week as normal. You're also excused (it seems) from your normal signing day on 31st December, but should receive a payment on 3rd of January as if you had signed on. You start signing on again on 14th January. If you have any other appointments other than your regular signing on during the holidayicon period, you must attend them.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?

I can't give advice by PM - please post on the forums. I do advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer or Welfare Rights Adviser. If you wish to check my advice against other independent sources, please do.

CAG exists because of your support, so if you feel able to help out by donating it would be welcome, but rest assured that our advice and support is free.

"The idea that the poor should have leisure has always been shocking to the rich"
    --Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Minibits Novitiate Minibits Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2012

I'm sure Antone will be back when he sees this, but I think he will agree that you have nothing to fear.

You should receive your payment on Friday, and your next payment on 3rd January.

The holidayicon period doesn't actually start till next week, and the letter you quoted refers to the Holiday period only.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Too late as per!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Hyperspace

If OP signed on today 17/12/2013

Your due to be paid this Friday 20/12/2013 surely your next payment will be on Friday 03/01/2014 as Minibits posted.

Xmas and New year payments 2013/2014

Here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post4423107

Just say No to 0870 and 0845 Numbers,Use

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by Minibits View Post
    I'm sure Antone will be back when he sees this, but I think he will agree that you have nothing to fear.

You should receive your payment on Friday, and your next payment on 3rd January.

The holidayicon period doesn't actually start till next week, and the letter you quoted refers to the Holiday period only.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Too late as per!
    Great minds think alike and all that. I agree with you. And 45002 has indeed posted some useful information regarding holiday season payments as per the link in post #6.

--Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2013

Thanks for the breakdown of the letter, I get confused sometimes and panic. Looks a lot simpler on how you have all explained it, I guess it was just babble from the JC that threw me. Thanks for your time in helping

Basic Account Holder Alfie29 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2013
    I am in
    London, UK

Are jobcentres still signing people on on 31st Dec? Or is that a holidayicon? :/

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie29 View Post
    Are jobcentres still signing people on on 31st Dec? Or is that a holidayicon? :/
    As per the OP's letter, it would seem that most are not and that people due to sign between Xmas and New Year will be excused. Check with your own Jobcentre, though, as different offices may have different rules.

31st December will not be a holiday for the staff, but in a lot of cases they won't expect claimants to show up and sign on that day.

--Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder joeski Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2012

my next signing would have been the thursday 26th but that is boxing day, does this mean i'll get payed the following tuesday as normal or will it go in earlier? :/

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by joeski View Post
    my next signing would have been the thursday 26th but that is boxing day, does this mean i'll get payed the following tuesday as normal or will it go in earlier? :/
    You should be paid on 31st December as normal.

--Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Alfie29 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2013
    I am in
    London, UK

Thanks Antone. I get more help and advice here then I do at the JOKEcentre!

Basic Account Holder *RainbowTears* Informative *RainbowTears* Informative *RainbowTears* Informative *RainbowTears* Informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2012
    I am in
    Where ever me feet are!!

When I checked Christmas payments online, it stated;

That any benefits due on 24/25/26 December payment will be made on 23rd December 2013

*27/30 December (*Northern Ireland only) will be paid on 23rd December 2013

1st January & *2nd January (*Scotland only) will be paid on 31st December 2013

& then as normal from then onwards!

Hope this helps.

Basic Account Holder zoeK1187 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2013

Ok after reading everyones comments I'm confused I signed on last week and was told by my advisor that I wouldn't have to sign christmas eve and that my payment for the 27th dec would be in my account on the 20th dec #confused #help

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002 Highly informative 45002's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Hyperspace

Quote Originally Posted by zoeK1187 View Post
    Ok after reading everyones comments I'm confused I signed on last week and was told by my advisor that I wouldn't have to sign christmas eve and that my payment for the 27th dec would be in my account on the 20th dec #confused #help
    Click on below link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post4423107

PS

Site team...

I just used the report button by mistake on this thread....

Just say No to 0870 and 0845 Numbers,Use

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder tinkerbell_2k12 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by zoeK1187 View Post

That's the same sign on day as me, my advisor told me my payment would be in on the 27th as normal as the banks are open that day

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder joeski Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by antone View Post
    You should be paid on 31st December as normal.

thank you

Basic Account Holder amandasonkosutcliffe Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2013

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of u can help me and job centre dont know what they are doing. I was due to sign on Christmas day but they told me I dont need to sign on this day my payment will just be processed. Normally when I sign on the Wednesday the money is clear in my Barclaysicon account on the saturday. Will jc process my payment before 25th or will it clear after boxing day?

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasonkosutcliffe View Post
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of u can help me and job centre dont know what they are doing. I was due to sign on Christmas day but they told me I dont need to sign on this day my payment will just be processed. Normally when I sign on the Wednesday the money is clear in my Barclaysicon account on the saturday. Will jc process my payment before 25th or will it clear after boxing day?
    Hello there.

I think your question has been answered on your own thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE