style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a loan out with Egg a couple of years ago. They said I would not be able to have the loan unless I took out PPI with them - which needing the money I agreed to.

From looking through this website for the past couple of months, I've now got in touch with them to cancel the insurance (which as you can guess, they weren't very happy about, and seemed to make out they needed an explanation!!).

My only problem is is that they've only refunded me the amount thats left (I've got 22 payments left) - £85.00. I've got my details and the total for the insurance is £649.50. So I've paid a hefty bit.

I think I have the grounds to request for the rest of this amount back as they insisted that I HAD to have this insurance. But I am a bit weary of Egg, as I know they are very very difficult to break down (I'm not sure if anybody has done yet). As I say, I've still got 22 months left to pay, and I've also got an Egg Card. I don't want to get into this if they are going to demand me to pay the whole lot back as I will not be able to do that.

Any advice??

Dani