Private Pension advice of late faters pention

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I am need of a bid of advice please my father sadly passed away in September and he had a private works pension he used to get money from each month.

I contacted them straight away but I have received a letter saying that I am not entitled to any money it says

your father is not survived by a spouse under the rues of the scheme there are no further benefits payable.

my father was divorced but my mam passed away in 2009 I have no idea how these things work I am the only child.

Is the following information correct please I have no idea a big thank you for any advice.

Thanks for your reply i know my father did get a cash payment out of it long time ago but he used to get around 250 per month from it he has three brothers and me but was divorced i think this is the reason why

I think you would have had to be named on the policy latterly by your father

for YOU to receive anything more like say a 'death grant' from it if there is one.

you would need to read the policy very carefully

esp if you were say, an exec of his wife estate etc

not really too sure

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there. I'm very sorry to hear that you have lost your father.

To know if anyone is due any money, I think you would need to tell us what type of private pension sheme we're talking about please.

If say it was a personal pension scheme, your father could have opted for a cash payment, possibly of 25% of the value of the fund and then an annuity to him and then for someone he nominated like your mum if they survived him.

That's only an example though, please tell us as much as you can.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum