• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Murph's V BOS Assistance Required Please

pict
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've Just recieved my Wife's Account charges from the BOS and they are not good reading. I requested the last 6 years and they are as follows 2000 = £1620, 2001 = £380, 2002 = £740,2003 = £131, 2004 = £2064, 2005 = £639, 2006 = £1430, Total for 6 years is £7,004:eek:. This is a scary amount:!:.

We live in Scotland and is it the case that we can only claim 5 years under scottish law:confused:

If we only claim for the last 5 year then we fall below the £5,000 mark but does this figure matter in scotland and what would be the implications for us to consider before proceeding. We are concerned about cost of court action and which court this claim would come under.

I would be greatful of your advice on how best to pursue our claim.:-)

I mentioned going on watchdog but she is not kean and still embarrassed about mess her finances are in.

Many Thanks

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

BOS Credit Card...........................Hearing Date 07/02/07

Full Settlement..............................13/02/07

BOS Bank Account .........................total charges £8,655.92

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Summary Action victory.................£1499.02 22/03/07

Full and Final offer............................£7,200 19/04/07

Pict...............

Hi,

I have just sued the Bank of Scotland for £720 + interest + £39 court fee.

Your right about the 5 years, I think that's as far back as you can go.

I live in Edinburgh and as the Bank of Scotland have a branch in Edinburgh it comes under the Edinburgh Sheriff Courts jurisdiction.

My claim cost me £39 that's all I would have lost if the case had gone to court . which was very unlikley. They are still due me about £5,600 which I am about to claim using Summary Cause. In Scotand you can claim between £750(small claims) and £1,500 (summary cause)

Go to "Forums - Bank Templates Library -Scottish procedure. Everthing you need to know is on this site, just takes a wee while reading through it.

Give me a shout if you need anymore help.

Best wishes.

scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Sorry pict, go to forums then Guidance notes....then Scottish Procedure.

Hope this helps.

Sorry pict, go to forums then Guidance notes....then Scottish Procedure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the support. Sorry if this is still me being dumb but i'm just trying to make sure i get things right before I start.

Do I send my claim for the total 5 year period or do I have to do it in £750 blocks?

Is there any way to claim the 6 year period?

What is the proceedure to claim outside the small claims court or is this too scary an option?

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Pict...............

Hi,

I don't think you can claim the lot together, well maybe you could but I think it's better to stick to the small claim route. I claimed for £720 at first, then all I would have to lose was the £39 court fee. My next claim will be for £1,500 which still comes under small claims but would cost me more if I was to lose the case.I think you can claim for the lot at once but you have to claim them through the english courts as they have their head office in England, but you have to have an English address to do this. I'm about to claim my £1,500.

I'll let you know how I got on.

Hope this helps.

I'm not a Lawyer only a Painter & Decorator.

Best wishes.

Scott.

Thanks Scott, If i claim the first £750 do i have to wait until the claim is settled before making the next claim. Sorry but I'm the type of person who likes questions.

Pict...............

If you have more than one claim going at the same time, you run the risk of the court combining them. That would be tricky, especially if the value then went over £1500. You would then be into "ordinary cause", together with solicitors, legal fees etc. Very messy.

In other words, stick to either small claims or summary cause and run one claim at a time.

Hope this helps.

J

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

Thanks Weej. I think I am now ready to start with the action. I will keep you all up to date with my progress.

Pict...............

hey pict,

i have just won using summary cause it has the risk that if you loose....which you wont.... the judge could grant cost to the other side of up to £750. my claim totalled £3500 but this is two accounts and so i asked the court what they recommended. they said they dont condone splitting claims too much as it is considered a waste of court time however sugested i meet them halfway by doing sumary cause. this i duely did and got a date of 17th november for my case to be heard. i got paid in full today. one point to remember is that your claim amount includes interest and court costs ie £39 and £10 dpa sar in the total. hope this helps but if you need anything else please have a look at my thread it has a breakdown of proceedure in it. one last thing GOOD LUCK

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

Started 1st stage 30th Oct by posted refund letter for 2002 total £740 without interest.:)

I will keep you all posted on how the claim goes. I sure that the banks now have a policy in place and deal with these to a set plan so maybe there will be no surprizes in my claim and it will follow the usual routine.

Pict...............

Pict, at first stage (ie prelim and LBA) you should be asking for it ALL back. Its only when you file your claim at court that you break it down. You should re-write to the bank saying "this letter cancels and supersedes my letter dated......." and ask for it all.

j

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

Thanks Weej. New letter posted today.

Pict...............

• 4 weeks later...

I recieved a reply from the BOS on the 6th November. The letter states that they have a customer service manager who will investigate the points that I have raised and that I will recieve a reply within 4 weeks.

Should I still follow our schedule of 14 days or wait and find out the outcome of thier investigation before proceeding?

Sorry I havent posted this sooner but I have just returned from a family holiday.

Thanks..........

Pict...............

I'm now at the letter before action stage could you please help me with a few points before I post it.

1. The claim is from dec 99 to oct 06 and totals £7004.

2. As yet I have not added any interest to this claim, is this right as I have read various threads that say I should have stated the interest by now yet the advice I recieved at the start said no interest until court action.

3. The letter before action has a section on default notice but I have not had any information to say that they have place one, should I have had that from the responce to the first claim letter.

I would be greatful of your assistance as the more threads I read the more confused I get and I really want to ensure that we have a solid case before we go to court.

Pict...............