• Tweets

• Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent a letter of complaint to Blackhorse on 16/10/06 regarding being mis-sold PPI on a loan taken out earlier this year. At the time of the application I was told that if I didn't take the PPI - no loan and as no other company would touch me (due to a default) I was backed into a corner and agreed to go ahead. Looking at the loan agreement prior to my letter of complaint, the figures were shocking, details below.

Loan amount £5000 (secured loan by the way) over 10 years

Total charge for credit £5270.80

Total that will be paid over the term £10,270.80

PPI purchase price £2233.78

Total charge for credit £2353.82

Total that will be paid over the term £4587.60!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering I did my own digging around and can get the same PPI cover for £3.95/month instead of £38.23/month this is shocking.

Anyway, the whole point of this is I had a telephone call today from Blackhorse, they are cancelling the PPI straight away and reduced amount will apply from next month BUT no refund as they state that "in the policy summary, with the

t & c's sent before I signed the agreement it states that the PPI is optional". Now I cannot find this but in the agreement it does state "optional payment protection plan" and goes on to give the figures above.

They also say that I should have complained within 30 days of taking out loan as opposed to 6 months later and are quite adament that no refund is due!

I ended the call by saying I would look through all the loan info and put any further comments/complaint in writing.

So what I am asking - to anybody who may know - can I pursue a refund of premiums paid or should I be satisfied that I've managed to cancel the PPI????? I'm thinking I should have read the paperwork properly in the first place!

if you've been mis sold the ppi i would pursue the full amount.

threatien forwarding the complaint to relevant bodies

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Was the loan agreed over the telephone or at their offices ?

If it was by phone ,I would issue a SAR under the data protection act to get copies of all info they have relating to the agreement, also state that transcrips or audio recording of telephone conversations are required.

Thats what I did and in fact so to speak and they have shot themselves in the foot..lol.

Have also sent you a PM..

;)

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I dont see how PPI can be reduced? But you havent advised how much they reduced it?

You have been paying the amount that they sold you and as agreed. Does this change now mean that you have signed a new agreement, does it mean that you have less cover, if not then what where you paying for up untilll now?

I just dont see how they can reduce your PPI. UNless the have reduced you to a not so high risk and if they have then how come they can accept you now at this rate and not then? what has changed?

If they were in thier right to charge the oiginal PPI i can't see Blackhorse changing it. its like giving money away and we all know how the banks work now, they dont give away anything..

I would look deeper into this,and get your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off as soon as possible.

BL:)

Hi breadline,

They haven't reduced the PPI, they have apparently taken it off the loan to leave just monthly repayments of the loan amount and interest itself, so now I am paying for a loan without PPI but they refuse to give me a refund of the PPI payments made so far as in their eyes I've had approx 6 months cover for what I paid to date! Does that make sense??

Anyway they were supposed to be sending me an ammended loan agreement to reflect the above but nothing received so far and I have decided that the SAR is the way to go. If they have set me up with a new loan I won't be happy!

Will send SAR this week and see if there is anything to strengthen my case.

mmm - defo take furthe raction if it was mis-sold...i have same issue but they wont even cancel mine - well i say they wont, they refuse to respond to my letters so i dont see how it will be canceled!

good luck with this - i will be watching intently!

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Hi jo5ephedward5,

where have you been sending your letters, I sent mine to the complaints dept in Cardiff and got quite a prompt initial response but still awaiting that loan agreement!!!! I doubt its coming at all, also checked my online banking and they so say were going to ammend the DD to reflect the change in monthly payment - nothing different there either!!

Beware they do like to back you into a corner over the phone, in future I want their response in writing.

SAR going off today (thanks to Reidnet).

Good luck to all in this situation x

i sent it to a cardiff address - i called and asked where to send it and they said the general cardiff address.

i sent all stuff recorded and they are getting signed for the other end - just hear no response - i will be issuing a full SAR and copying my complaints to trading standards as soon as i have a spare £10 for them!

Keep on at them, they should respond as I've had a letter from them today acknowledging my sar and saying its been passed onto the relevant dept for investigation and reply! Came from Cardiff, got my fingers crossed they won't take too long over it.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprise, surprise, my monthly payment for Nov has gone out of my bank account and it is not the reduced payment as I had been advised. Still no response to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) or no ammended loan agreement to sign.

I get the feeling the sneaky ******** are up to something, by my calculation they have until 11/12 to respond to my SAR, In the meantime I'm being screwed!!!

well i have just cancelled my PPI and they have responded with no probs just sign this - it will be interesting to see if they do lower teh payment this month - i only posted the slip back today but my payment doesnt come out till the 1st!

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck jo5ephedward5???? Have your payments been reduced by the amount of ppi? Also the slip you had to sign - was this a new loan agreement or does your existing loan continue just minus ppi???

I'm unsure what Blackhorse are up to in my case, still no word!

the slip was my agrement to them canceling the PPI - its not been reduced yet but tbh as i posted it late they prob wont reflect in my payments till Jan - however i will be requesting back pay as i asked about it 2 payments ago!

• 2 years later...
Hi breadline,

They haven't reduced the PPI, they have apparently taken it off the loan to leave just monthly repayments of the loan amount and interest itself, so now I am paying for a loan without PPI but they refuse to give me a refund of the PPI payments made so far as in their eyes I've had approx 6 months cover for what I paid to date! Does that make sense??

Anyway they were supposed to be sending me an ammended loan agreement to reflect the above but nothing received so far and I have decided that the SAR is the way to go. If they have set me up with a new loan I won't be happy!

Will send SAR this week and see if there is anything to strengthen my case.

you have to ask for the informaton they hold about you under the consume credit act, they have 12 working days to respond if they dont then they are in breach themselves and cannot inforce the debt, look up the 'consumer credet act' and you wil be amazed what they have to comply with, me well they not sent mine and Black horse are one of the worse to respond to letters, i have been waiting a response since september lasr year and every month i send another. oh and dont forget your £1.00 fee when you ask for the request. good luck and i look out for your response.

you have to ask for the informaton they hold about you under the consume credit act, they have 12 working days to respond if they dont then they are in breach themselves and cannot inforce the debt, look up the 'consumer credet act' and you wil be amazed what they have to comply with, me well they not sent mine and Black horse are one of the worse to respond to letters, i have been waiting a response since september lasr year and every month i send another. oh and dont forget your £1.00 fee when you ask for the request. good luck and i look out for your response.

• 1 year later...

hi maggie hear need big help i am at ma wits end with blackhorse of my ppi insurance i have read some e-mails an d are just same situation i am in didnt pay the ppi was in arrears it was took off our loan but on the 18th june 2010 i,i was sent a letter stating my cheque for five thousand seven hundred and ninety sixpds was sent out,but its went down hill from there,payment protection partnership were helping me on my claim but blackhorse have went round every excuse not to pay me my money,and to top it all ppp are looking for there fee of me even though the kno i never recieved a penny i dont no what else to do thanks maggie

why is it they are giving some rfunds and not others? black horse are the owrse for rpsonding to letters, i have been writing 2 years and htey donet even botherm, but they will have a shock soon, im applying for a time order and unfaire relationshios between the customer an lender, and it is for them to proove their is no brakdown, since they not responded in two years i have an open and shut case. all letters sent via fax and recorded delivery.

yes but someome from blackhorse foned me yesterday explained everything after 5mths been on the phone sending recorded letters in bn ignored,eventually got it sorted with them,payment protection partnership got there wires crossed about the figure,i cancel the ppi i myself and blackhorse deducted the ppi which was on our account which was for the nxt couple of yrs to go ,so ppp told us that we were getting that figure but we hadnt paid it thats the figure that was canceled,lol hope am making sense,so blackhorse told me it was about 2grand if they agreed which they are not we would get back,they still say it was not mis sold but i have contacted fo so they dealing with it,ppp stil want there fee but n my eyes it was no win no fee as on there behave they got it wrong so they can take legal action against me thats were i`ll win then theres the new payment they gave u blackhorse we added it up over the months they said and we are paying more on that than our orignal loan that we agreed and signed for so the fight is still on