Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Basic Account Holder snowdragon Informative snowdragon Informative snowdragon's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2015

Default Re: Thoughts in your day

Why do I feel guilty? hope my baby did not suffer, it happened so fast, so lost now, too quiet and other dog keeps looking for him.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat Highly informative labrat's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by snowdragon View Post
    Why do I feel guilty? hope my baby did not suffer, it happened so fast, so lost now, too quiet and other dog keeps looking for him.
    he wont have suffered

i felt the same when my cat went, but he knew what it was at the time

he could barely breathe but as soon as that needle went in he started purring and i swear he was trying to get up to headbutt me the way he used to before it kicked in

that last thing i made sure i did before i buried him was finish that headbutt he started

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

Really interesting YT video on the Economies of Airline classes

Airlines make much more from business class and first, with economy really just filling the plane up.

Basic Account Holder tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2009

A bit long, but even for republicans there are some poignant thoughts raised both in the article and almost certainly in any inquisitive and observant mind considering some of the points within

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-london-bridge

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

Great thoughts everyone

I listen to radio tunes daily and I hear lines in songs which make you grin for many reasons.

I'm going to start posting lines from songs now and then and see if you can guess song More likely to be known mainstream songs

Here's first 'Jennifer Alison Phillipa Sue Deborah Annabel too'

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

I can hear it in my head, determindator, but I can't think of the title.

Trying not to cheat and google it.

HB

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

I'll wait a bit then

Basic Account Holder snowdragon Informative snowdragon Informative snowdragon's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2015

Mambo Number 5?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

I remember that well

No to Mambo though

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

significantly more? 2% at present self employed dont get sickness benefit, holidayicon pay, dont get their allowance for doing jury service, nigh on impossible to claim housing benefit as the rules of proof of income atre so arcane it is impossible to satisfy them, less pension etc. Agreed, the cost of the extra NI to employers is crippling and that affects the wages offered to employees but direct taxes are still about the same as they were back in the mid 1970's when the tax rate was 30%
    The real problem is that NI is just another tax and not what it was set up as back in 1910. It is not rerlated to your pension and it is not for the NHS so what we should all be demanding is to know why it is separate on our pay slips/tax returns. Also the BBC is a tax upon us but their employees are encouraged to make themselves limited companies to avoid paying tax! What next, HMRC freelancers? Even the last DG used a company to minmise his tax bill as he was an "agency" employee- no he wasnt and the HR at the beeb should have been dragged through the courts to explain themselves with that evasion exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by determindator View Post
    My national Insurance is more than the tax I pay. Will be looking into that. I'd like to know why minimal amounts are paid if you are self employed yet if you are PAYE it is significantly more, even though you earn less money.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

If my tax is 30% and my NI is more than my tax therefore i'm not paying 2% NI on my wages, must be more than 30% on my wages.

If you're self employed you have the option to pay more NI contributions to enhance your state pension. If we were all self employed the government would have to wait for a once a year tax divvy to pay for all those public services, apart from the fact those working in the NHS, Police, Fire Service, Waste disposal, Housing etc looking after everyone, so us PAYE paying regularly keep the status quo for those services. Valuable workers. VAT self employed can claim back that tax, PAYE can't. Self employed can off set their taxes. PAYE can't.

Maybe all workers should set up a company in their name and invoice the company they give their services too.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2008

cant believe the political hypocrisy.
    it was likened to mandela on the news. wtf. well mandela never endorsed the killing of civilians.
    (had to post, but shldn't be )

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    cant believe the political hypocrisy.
    it was likened to mandela on the news. well mandela never endorsed the killing of civilians.
    Are you sure about Mandela ? No expert on his ANC activities, but i have heard some that were critical, saying he was not the clean freedom fighter that many believe.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative

Quote Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67 View Post
    Are you sure about Mandela ? No expert on his ANC activities, but i have heard some that were critical, saying he was not the clean freedom fighter that many believe.
    not 100 % obviously, just going by his autob and some historians. seemingly not quite at the same level as mcg.
    and re quite different circumstances. the news' analogy was wrong.
    he was not 'clean' at all, but more of an economic one (blowing up pylons for one eg). as he said himself if you see him as a saint then he is '..not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps on trying...'

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Basic Account Holder tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2 Informative tobyjugg2's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67 View Post

Its all relative.
    In nazi germany some people rescuing Jews had to lie and cheat and sometimes murder 'the bad guys' (who may often just have been 'following orders' and who believed the lies and propaganda of their leaders ....

Take Osbourne - 6 jobs - or perhaps should we say 'paid positions' while drawing an MP's salary and expenses ...

and before anyone says 'yes but we need fewer professional politicians and more with experience in business as MPs ...
    Well, Yes I agree but we need those sort of people who bring that experience and devote full time to politics
    Surely those who claim they can do 6 'jobs' properly simultaneously while claiming 75K + massive expenses as full time politicians are exactly the sort of 'professional politicians' that we already have far too many of.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

9/11 still has its impact. watching the 'lost tapes'

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details