Thoughts in your day

:lol: some people are so agressive about it.

after all I ate before and everythink was all right. I was more worried about downward dog, 'cause sometimes I can feel my meals going perilously close to my throat...

There was another I quite liked, but the humor was far more highbrow, and hence less funny, so I cast it aside.

:-)

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

why does HMRC not get their act together?

Just had an annual review letter for year ending, 5.4.17, ( came today but dated May 21st )

Say a lot more but about to post in right forum

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

The best way for Mrs May to gain the Country's confidence she is a good decision maker and that she's got the people around her we can trust?

Bring back Michael Gove.

I'm going to emigrate!! I've been a Tory most of my life, but that's like asking the nation to trust Prince Charles again after what he did to Diana!!

GOVE ????? - For heaven's sake!!

Theresa, just pay Brussels their 50-60 Billion and let's get on with it!! Save us the theatricals.

• 4 weeks later...

I find the comment 'must hold our nerve' on the 1% public sector pay rise debate by Mr PH an echo from the nasty past. It sounds like a war cry! It comes across as though public sector workers are serfs and servants. In society you need those who keep you well and safe. Where would the economy be without that? I would suggest no pay rise for some years for those in the public sector who receive well above that percentage wage increase. Remember those in the sector are there to help when bad decisions have been made by much higher earners in the sector, when those who make bad decisions can resign.

Thinking of my beautiful boy who should be celebrating his 13th Birthday today but t instead on March 2nd 2017 he went to Rainbow Bridge, so unexpected.

He is missed so very much and has left a huge hole in our family.

Happy Heavenly Birthday xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

They also say public sector wages have grown faster in the last decade than private sector workers. Not the public sector workers I know, and the private sector workers must be on a pittance then! You wouldn't see so so many leaving the NHS if it paid so well.

Now time to watch Broken BBC1

It is funny the way animals communicate with humans. Might not speak the same language, but non verbal communications seem to be used by all species.

https://faithreel.com/kids-made-mistake-of-petting-lemur-now-watch/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Wonder how MR Hammond will get on this week in the world of politics.

That was the 9th and here we are.

Apart from Mr H's comments on public sector pay, he was reminded of his comments a while back that if a Labour Government were in power the national deficit would rise to 1.5 trillion. When reminded under this Government it's now 1.7 trillion, Mr H basically said it's alright for us to do to boost the economy but bad if another party dares to do. It's just hypocrisy.

They borrow but don't want it known.

That was the 9th and here we are.

Apart from Mr H's comments on public sector pay, he was reminded of his comments a while back that if a Labour Government were in power the national deficit would rise to 1.5 trillion. When reminded under this Government it's now 1.7 trillion, Mr H basically said it's alright for us to do to boost the economy but bad if another party dares to do. It's just hypocrisy.

They borrow but don't want it known.

But Termi, borrowing is what the Country survives on - don't you remember at school being told that you have to start life in debt, get yourselves plenty of credit cards and loans so that the banking big boys out there can squeeze the population dry for most of their grown-up lives and thereafter they will be in hock to someone else! - What makes you think any Government is any different?:madgrin:

Good to see you Andrew:-D

I remember the save and no credit ethos and you took the job even if it wasn't what you wanted, but as you say that's not helpful if you want power over people.

We've now got a situation where getting a first mortgage is made difficult as the thought is the lenders don't want to lend when int rates are low. Course they don't. They are ignoring affordability. It's ok to pay a fortune in rent but we can't give you a mortgage for a fraction of the rent you pay. Another thought is it doesn't suit the powers that be to have home and land owners and going down the renting route is more power to the powerful.

Let's see if this building of 300k houses by Mrs May I believe and continued house building, at really affordable prices, comes about.

• 2 weeks later...

Today the news tells us of the growing scale of houses being sold as leasehold. This continues my thought from my previous post, it seems landowning is not wanted. Let's see if the practise is stopped.

People have seen the benefits of Leaseholding as an investment, chum of mine has made a packet out of people leasing from him and then selling them the freehold come the end of their leases.

Nice business!

Thoughts and prayers go out to Charlie Gard and his family , R.I.P sweet Angel xx

World gone mad, but thankfully Judge rules with commonsense.

Story in media.

Lady rushes to toilet in a Mecca Bingo and manages to injure her shoulder on the toilet roll holder. She starts litigation with Mecca and they offer £1200, because they can't be bothered defending. Lady refuses to accept and issues a court claim. Judge rules that claim lacks merit, as people should use their eyes to observe hazards and toliet cubicles have toilet roll holders. Judge orders Lady to pay Meccas £4000 legal costs.

That is one very expensive urgent wee !

People should think before they make these silly personal injury claims.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Today the news tells us of the growing scale of houses being sold as leasehold. This continues my thought from my previous post, it seems landowning is not wanted. Let's see if the practise is stopped.

I assume this is in cornered markets where there is little choice.

Just like a lot of people who ended up with housing associations adding restrictive covenants to purchased 'council' houses requiring permission of the housing association to do various things, for which there is a charge for even considering it, and which were never added to the deeds when sold via councils, and which remain in force even when association housing is in the minority where the property is.

Choice was accept or you cant buy your home.

Not sure what Maggie would have thought of that?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

why do some people think the more you pay for something the longer it lasts? Trosh! Take for instance Duracell batteries , which in my opinion are rubbish!

I got some and put them in the item , they lasted a short time, put some cheaper ones in and they lasted longer!, same as brand name clothes! I know someone who insisted they had to have addias, or nike etc and then moaned as they wore out quick while I was till wearing stuff from Asda ( George ) or Primark and still looked good as new!

Only things I got name wise was shoes for the children, either had Clarks or Start-rite, they lasted so well while their friends had cheaper ones which needed replacing every few weeks!

I agree with you about designer clothes, Sandy. OH bought some sports kit in Greece that with hindsight was probably counterfeit, but it lasted longer than the branded stuff.

I probably agree with you about batteries too, but I haven't done a scientific assessment of that.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...

thoughts today to the good departed.

may they rest in peace and forever exist in our heart and soul, to be reunited and forever bound.

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this Youtube of a US cop arresting a Nurse for refusing to take blood from an unconcious patient.

The Nurse refused the request as it was against the legal policy drawn up between the Hospital and Police department. This officer has since been suspended from having anything to do with obtaining blood samples at Hospitals and is subject to internal investigations. The Nurse is deciding whether to sue or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Was reading earlier an alarming statistic. In 2015, it is estimated that 2,200,000 people died of causes linked to pollution in China and India. That is just short of the population of the wider Manchester area.

.https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/14/around-22-million-deaths-in-india-and-china-from-air-pollution-study.html

Puts the migration issue talked about in relation to Brexit in some context. Net migration to the UK is only a tenth of the deaths due to pollution in two countries.

thoughts in my day... i need an electrician

had an electrical problem for about 2 years where if you touch any metal item and are earthed you get an electric shock...

discovered that i have about a 1.7 amp leak to earth - or about £40 - £55 a month leakage

changed all the sockets in case its a dud one, then in desperation tore a wall out to find out where some wires went - only to find the last owner CUT the ring main to patch in some extras

20170923_195851.jpg

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Sound like an urgent job for safety reasons.