sherforce towed/damaged mates car over my business debt!! **paid repairs**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

really hope someone can help me.

Sorry am not good on a computer and never posted a thread before.

A 40 something dinosaur I am afraid!!!!

Today I received a visit from the lovely Sherforce who have towed away a car that does not belong to me for an outstanding debt.

Did tell them it was not my car but they took it anyway.

Don't know what to do.

Please help......thank you

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The third party should report this to the police as a theft.

Sherforce did not have any right to take a car belonging to someone else who happened to owe a debt.

The Police should get Sherforce to return the car without delay.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Whose car have they taken, your partners, a neighbour's, or a complete randomer's car that just happened to be parked nearby?

If either of the latter then the police are wrong and it is indeed theft.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You did speak to an actual officer didnt you, and not a front desk civilian?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi, really hope someone can help me. Sorry am not good on a computer and never posted a thread before. A 40 something dinosaur I am afraid!!!!

Today I received a visit from the lovely Sherforce who have towed away a car that does not belong to me for an outstanding debt. Did tell them it was not my car but they took it anyway. Don't know what to do. Please help......thank you

YOU don't need to do anything if it was not your car. It's the owner's problem.

Would you like to fill in the blanks which you've obviously left out?

Let me guess......

It was your car but you sold it yesterday to a family member / friend / neighbour..... but as the car is still registered to you and you failed to show a legit bill of sale, the bailiffs towed it anyway? :|

The car has never been owned by me.

It was bought 3 years ago by a friend for himself.

I am insured to drive it but it is his and he has receipt from car dealer which shows he bought it in 2010.

Nothing dodgy going on from my end.

It happened to be parked on my drive!!!

what the debt all about please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The car owner had better provide proof of ownership within the next couple of days or Sherfarce will sell it,

they may well need to go to interpleader to get the car back ploddertom and wonkeydonkey are the best ones to help with this,

as HCEO is different to a bailiff and time is of the essence.

You need to apply for a Stay against Sherfarce PDQ,

a reason could be you cannot afford the fees demanded.

Were you aware of the CCJ, and had you offered payment?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have been in touch with owner.

He is in Barcelona working at the moment and not due back until 20th October.

I am merely insured on the car.

We are not business nor "life" partners.

His car happened to be parked on my drive while he is away.

So surely they had no right to take it.

They asked for car keys but I refused as they are not mine to give.

I am not trying to pull any kind of "fast" one.

My daughter comes to visit in her car.......surely they can't take that either?

The debt is mine as I was a sole trader and no longer have the business.

Yes I was aware of debt but was not aware they could seize other people's property

Go to the local police station and speak to a real sergeant. Not a front desk civilian pretending to be one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ok.

Thank you for your advice.

Will do that tomorrow.

Really sorry but was not sure what to do.

They gave me the impression that because it was parked on my property that they could seize it.

I did try to explain but they refused to listen and were very rude and aggressive.

I have health issues and was very upset.

Just a bit upset that some seem to believe that I am trying to do something underhanded

. I am not

They can only seize items that belong to you. They have already performed a false levy by taking the vehicle without making checks on it.

• Confused 1

Hi Susie welcome to cag

Techically Sherfarts can remove the car if they have reason to believe it belongs to the debtor, that you told them it was not your car and they failed to check that out allows the owner to take issue with them.,

However that said your first concern is getting the car returned asap and we can deal with other issues once this is achieved, there is a set procedure to follow in such cases and I will send you a private message to set you on the right track with this, keep an eye on the box at the top of the page marked notifications. I will also give you an email address to allow you to get in touch with me direct and we can then look at the whole scenario once the car is sorted. If you have any problems with the PM please do not hesitate to click on the little black triangle below your thread and a moderator will be there to help.

WD

Thank you for your welcome,

I really appreciate it.

Obviously it has not been the best day I have ever had!!

Feel totally confused.

Genuinely didn't think things like this could happen with supposed professionals.

Must be very naive!

Sherforce don't seem to learn do they - there was the DSI Foods case where they went blundering in despite being told they were in the wrong place, believe that cost them a penny or three. Then there was James Goacher with his fish restaurant - don't think that is settled yet as believe Sherforce are arguing over the costs, thing is the more they argue the more it costs them.

Of course if their Shercar system had of been running they could of done a simple DVLA check particularly as you had warned them and they should have been more cautious.

Edited by ploddertom
Typo

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I could not believe it.

The fact that they were rude and aggressive in their manner just finished the situation off for me.

Obviously the car owner is pretty upset too.

The car has personal belongings in it.

And I am also concerned about any damage they may have done to the car whilst dragging it on to tow truck.

You'd think a simple DVLA check BEFORE removal would be a common sense procedure for any manager authorising a removal without any prior seizure to ascertain markers suggesting susie66 owned the vehicle.

Nothing stranger than numptys! :roll:

You are in safe hands with wonkeydonkey, and ploddertom, susie. Sherfarce are noted for their greed which usually is their undoing. The DSI Foods case ploddertom referred to was a proverbial kick up the backside for Sherfarce, and imho applies in your case.

read this thread started by WD back in 2010 about it

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?277269-Sherforce-lost-the-plot-and-the-case

Edited by brassnecked