Problems with Primark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me with a similar matter to do with primark. but i have to say this i felt victimized by the manger of this store because it seemed he was watching my every move and looking at me funny.

however on the 24th september 2013, i acted stupidly yesterday and took something, that was worth £10.00 i was caught and then taking to the back room where they informed the police and gave me a "notice of intended civil recovery RLP" to read.

the police came and they did a record of if im known to the police and i wasnt.

the police officer then said i dont have a criminal record but stays on their system on what happened and what date it was, i then was to pay a fine of £80 and which i did and the officer wrote down something on the lines of "i .... have been read out my terms and have paid the fine of £80" and i was banned from all primarks but the manager didnt state how long i was banned for. they took the £80 and i was taking out of the shop.

what i wanted to know was seeing i paid this fine of £80, will i get a letter from the RLP, demanding money or what, as i know its only been a day? and how long is anyone banned for? even i live in the city itself and theres only one primark here and one in cheltenham but rarely go into primark myself.

thankyou so much if anyone could advise me or help me.

Edited by honeybee13

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do get an RLP letter

best to ignore it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Rlp cannot do anything despite jackies deluded visions of grandeur.

They a rogue company who try to pass themselves off as part of the legal system or at least claim to have some influence with it.

If you get a letter you can either bin it or send a one line letter of deniability

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

wont i go to court if i ignore their letters? im just asking cuz i havent got a letter yet but i paid a fine doesn't that like equal it out

RLP has nothing whatsoever to do with the criminal justice system, so there's no 'equalling out'.

The fact is that the appropriate authority for dealing with shoplifting is the criminal justice system; you've been dealt with by that system, paid the fixed penalty, and that ends the matter.

RLP may write to you, several times, and in an intimidating manner - but that's all they can do. They are bullies, plain and simple, whose only motivation is profit for themselves. You can safely ignore anything they send; alternatively, you can send a one line letter saying that you deny any liability to them, and that you won't enter into further correspondence with them - and then ignore them.

The RLP 'Notice of Intended Civil Recovery' is meaningless; you might just as well present yourself with a 'Notice of Intended Cleanliness' printed on lavatory paper, which would have as much legal status, and the additional benefit of being useful.

Could be any time. But why would you go back? They will just follow you.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I still cant see why you would go back there especially when there are other shops around. There are 3 primarks near me. I havent stepped foot in one since 1999.

Who did you hand the fixed penalty fine to. I didn't even know that you could be forced to hand over cash at the point of involvement

Good catch there fletch. This would be the most important question to answer right now.

to fletch70, the police officer said there is a fixed pently of £80 fine and i handed it to the security guard that works in primark and the primark shop manager was there as well. then they put the money in a book and it was for a good cause breast cancer made as a donation.

to fletch70, the police officer said there is a fixed pently of £80 fine and i handed it to the security guard that works in primark and the primark shop manager was there as well. then they put the money in a book and it was for a good cause breast cancer made as a donation.

If that's the case, it's completely wrong.

Bit conspirarcy theorist here... Was it an actual police officer that came?

DOnt worry frances. It was just my mind rambling and covering all bases