DWP Compliance Interview

oddsox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a letter to attend a compliance interview at the jobcentre. I'm very confused by this as i don't claim benefits? I tried to contact the women named on the letter but she's not been available to speak to, no-one else in the office can understand why i've been sent this because they can see i'm not claiming any benefits so can't understand why the letter has been sent out?!

How can this happen? Absoluatley baffelled!!

has anyone had this happen before?

Hi welcome to CAG,

Perhaps they think you Should be getting a benefit, compliance goes both w:jaw:ays

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The letter says...

This interview has been arranged because your circumstances may have changed and we need to ensure your payments are correct.

When you claimed benefit you agreed to tell us immediately if the circumstances relating to your benefit entitlement changed.

I haven't claimed benefit from them as both myself and my husband work full time, we have 4 children and know we are not entitled to any benefits?

We have had other malicous call made to other aurthorities recently which have been proven to be malicous. So i said the the woman i spoke to, surely they would investigate any accusations made against us and she said yes they do, that's why she doesn't know why an interview has been arranged?

The letter says...

This interview has been arranged because your circumstances may have changed and we need to ensure your payments are correct.

When you claimed benefit you agreed to tell us immediately if the circumstances relating to your benefit entitlement changed.

I haven't claimed benefit from them as both myself and my husband work full time, we have 4 children and know we are not entitled to any benefits?

We have had other malicous call made to other aurthorities recently which have been proven to be malicous. So i said the the woman i spoke to, surely they would investigate any accusations made against us and she said yes they do, that's why she doesn't know why an interview has been arranged?

How old are the children, do you qualify for child tax credits, as anyone else lived with you for a short time recently.

How old are the children, do you qualify for child tax credits, as anyone else lived with you for a short time recently.

Hi, no we haven't had anyone else living with us, the children r 19, 17, 16 & 8, so space is already hard to find in our small house, we do get some child tax credit. I asked them if it would be to do with that and they told me they don't deal with tax credits there.

So to update...

Have managed to contact the woman named on the letter and told there has been yet another allegation made about me and they had overlooked checking if I get any benefit before they sent the letter out so sorry about that and no need for me to attend the interview!!

So they don't even bother following the 1st step of their procedures!!!! It's so wrong...

So yet another allegation proved to be malicious!!

Are they that used to people committing offences that they don't even bother to check any more!!!

So to update...

Have managed to contact the woman named on the letter and told there has been yet another allegation made about me and they had overlooked checking if I get any benefit before they sent the letter out so sorry about that and no need for me to attend the interview!!

So they don't even bother following the 1st step of their procedures!!!! It's so wrong...

So yet another allegation proved to be malicious!!

Are they that used to people committing offences that they don't even bother to check any more!!!

I believe you need to get back to the woman in the letter and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure and also request a written explanation of events.

I believe you need to get back to the woman in the letter and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure and also request a written explanation of events.

I asked to speak to her supervisor after I had spoken to her. I have recieved a letter of apology saying that checks should be done to clarify which if any benefits are being claimed and what the allegation would mean in relation to the benefit. Unfortunately this does not seem to have been done in this instance as you have no current claims etc...I am still very very upset about this as they may well have looked into my personal details without good cause to do so, which will of been an invation into my privacy.I am also upset about the fact that I don't seem to have any rights to have something done about all the seriously malicious allegations, my family and I are just sitting ducks and are being made victims of what I can only discribe as hate and can not protect ourself against it at all. It's just so completely wrong!! I am actually becoming so stressed about it all, it's making me quite ill :(

Do you have any idea at all of who may be doing this? A neighbour perhaps?

Has it all been malicious allegations to DWP or has there been other stuff? Is there perhaps anything the police might be interested in, and would it be worth making an appointment to at least have a chat with a police officer?

I do know something of what you are going through as I've been in the same situation with malicious allegations to DWP (who eventually stopped even bothering to ask if they were true) but also to the local council who were told my fully taxed and insured vehicle had been dumped even though it was outside my house, graffiti, minor theft etc. We didn't ever find out who it was, but when it was obvious they weren't having any effect they did stop.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Do you have any idea at all of who may be doing this? A neighbour perhaps?

Has it all been malicious allegations to DWP or has there been other stuff? Is there perhaps anything the police might be interested in, and would it be worth making an appointment to at least have a chat with a police officer?

I do know something of what you are going through as I've been in the same situation with malicious allegations to DWP (who eventually stopped even bothering to ask if they were true) but also to the local council who were told my fully taxed and insured vehicle had been dumped even though it was outside my house, graffiti, minor theft etc. We didn't ever find out who it was, but when it was obvious they weren't having any effect they did stop.

Hi no there have been an allegations made to the NSPCC saying we have beaten up our youngest son, he actually got taking out of his class in school and questioned by them. The RSPCA saying we are mistreating our dogs which we have only recently rescued from the dogs trust. To our housing association saying we are dealing drugs! Are druggies! etc..The police say there's nothing they can do!We know it's a neighbour and have an idea which one but can't prove it!It's just so horrible isn't it. We are just going about our daily business and acting like everything is fine, which it will be because we are a strong little unit, but inside i'm falling apart :(

Are the housing association able to help at all since this may amount to harassment. Try speaking to your local councillor or MP and see if they can suggest something.

Even if the reports are all anonymous then if the various agencies are aware that there have been previous malicious allegations then they might be able to provide some information which would eventually identify whoever is doing it. I would write formally to all of them and spell out what has been happening and ask if they are able to provide any information. The answer will almost certainly be no, but it might stop any future investigations in their tracks.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.