Please help with canceling the contract

woojtek123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

As I read a lot about troubles with cancelation of contract with LA fitness, I would like to ask for help with cancelling mine. I think it should be straightforward in my case, but I do not want to mess anything up.

I would like to hand in my cancelation with one month notice. I would like to send a letter to the headquarter (this week) and that in October to cancel my the direct debit transaction set up on my Bank account.

The only things that may not be standard in my case are that I bought existing membership from a other guy (it was agreed with gym management over the phone) and I didn't sign anything (as far as I remember, but it was 3 years ago) and I didn't see any contract. I guess as I joined in April 2010 it should not matter anyway as original contract was for one year and it expired in December 2010.

Can you please let me know if my letter will suffice? The letter would be like this:

My contact detail

Date

La Fitness –

Head Office

Sandall Stones Road, Kirk Sandall Industrial Estate,

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN3 1QR

Dear La Fitness,

My Name & Membership Number: LA FITNESS MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT – TERMINATION NOTICE

I have joined the gym in April 2010 by buying corporate membership from existing member which was agreed with LA Fitness sales team in Wall gym location.

Since then I have completed the original contract period in December 2010 and since then my contract is one month rolling contract as advised by LA Fitness staff member in Marylebone gym. I was using mainly gyms in Bayswater and Marylebone.

I would like to now cancel my membership. Three months ago the company I am working for has moved its office in Farringdon. There are some LA Fitness gyms adjacent to this location; however they are very small and crowded, with small amounts of free weights and very small swimming pools (actually bathtub would be better description).

I do not feel anymore that I am getting value for my money. In accordance with the contract, I am now entitled to terminate the contract (provided that I give you 30 days notice).

Please be advised that I wish to terminate the contract and that this correspondence shall serve as my termination notice. Under clause 11.3 the terms of use of LA Fitness state :-

11.3 You may cancel your Contract on one month’s notice at any time after the Initial Term, but your notice shall only take effect on the first day of the month following our receipt of your request to cancel during which time you shall be able to continue to use the Services.

11.4 If you wish to cancel the Contract you must give us notice by:(i) Calling our Membership Support Team on the Contact Us Telephone Number; or(ii) Sending written notice of your cancellation request to the Company Address for the attention of the Membership Support Team. Notice will have been deemed to be given from the date your request to cancel has been received, if accepted. Acceptance is deemed once you have received confirmation of cancellation of your membership from us.

This termination notice is both in writing and has been delivered to your Company Address. Therefore, this termination notice fulfils all requirements for a termination notice, as set out by the contract. I look forward to receiving your written receipt of this termination notice and advice that you have terminated the direct debit arrangement from the appropriate date.

Yours sincerely[sign your name here]

[insert your Typed Name here]

Edited by slick132
adding paragraphs

Hi Woojtek and welcome to CAG

I have added spacing to your post to make it easier to read.

Your letter is far too long and you can send a shorter version if you wish :-

Dear sir or madam,

Membership Number - xxxxx

I refer to my membership which started in 2010 and is long past the minimum agreement period.

Please accept this as my notice to cancel my membership agreement.

My last Direct Debit payment will be made on or about xxth October and I will cancel the DD mandate once this payment has been made. I will not use the gym after 31st October 2013.

This letter is being send by Royal Mail Signed For Delivery and I will have proof of posting and receipt at your offices.

Yours faithfully,

You do not need to go into all the other detail. :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You're very welcome.

Please let us know how they respond.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 10 months later...

I managed to succesfully end the contract with LA fitness without being chased for any additional payments and any further communication from LA fitness.

Thank you very much and apologies for delay

I guess - it is better late, than never.

Thanks

Hi Woojtec and thanks for the update.

Glad to hear the matter was sorted without the fuss we often see with such matters.

:-)