Cancelled direct debit with Quickquid can they still take my money?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cancelled a direct debit with Quick quid on a loan due with them.I simply cannot afford to pay it back but will do so once an affordable repayment plan is in place. My worry is can they still access my bank account any withdraw funds even though the direct debit is now cancelled and they don't have my debit card number?? Any advice please would be very helpful.

yep. They use CPA's. You need to go to your bank and put in writing that they must cancel it upon receipt of the letter. Also tell the bank to refuse and cancel any and all transactions to them or their merchants.

If the bank allows the money out after you have given your lawful instruction, they are breaking the law, and if they do not put the account back to how it was before the transactions occured, you can make full complaints to the regulators and take legal action against them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They cant take it if you tell them not to. Tell them that the DD is cancelled, and also tell your bank as above. The CPA must be done with your bank, there is no need to tell the lender. Have a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?395493-Been-refused-cpa-cancellation-since-nov-2009-Go-get-your-money-back-now!! and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Your rights are enshrined in law. DOnt let the bank fob you off. If they try, make sure you do not leave the bank until you get the name and employee ID of the person telling you they cannot follow your lawful request.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D