BOS Charges (Maintenance)?

pict
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Just recieved my list of charges from my Wife's BOS bank account and there are monthly charges of £15 listed as account maintenance charge 2000-04:confused:. Could anyone please let me know what this is and if this is a charge that I can claim back. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have never came accross this charge before.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

BOS Credit Card...........................Hearing Date 07/02/07

Full Settlement..............................13/02/07

BOS Bank Account .........................total charges £8,655.92

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Summary Action victory.................£1499.02 22/03/07

Full and Final offer............................£7,200 19/04/07

Pict...............

I have been wondering the same thing, also becuase I have a Royalties Gold account which has an agreed monthly charge (currently £12), but then I also have a maintenance charge of £28.00 on top!

Roger

The only times i have ever had 'Account Maintenance' on my statements is at the end of the following month after i have been overdrawn. I am never charged it any other time. Therefore i figure it is a charge for them having to 'fix' your account and put it right following you being overdrawn. I am certainly asking for it back. Although as i said - i have only ever been charged it following being overdrawn. So it obviously relates to me being overdrawn and the charges for that. You may not be able reclaim a charge that is applied to your account monthly regardless of whether you are overdrawn or not. I would certainly query with the bank what it is for? If they can't give an adequate explanation - claim it back

14/8/06 - S.A.R Request to B.O.S for C.Account + 2 C. Cards Statments. Sent to HBOS, The Mound, Edinburgh (R.Delivery)

18/09/06 - S.A.R. Request Reminder Letter sent to HBOS, The Mound, Edinburgh. Local Branch C.C. (R.Ddelivery)

19/09/06 - 01/10/06 - Requested Information Received - Various Packages and Letters

11/10/06 - Prelim Letter Posted to HBOS, The Mound, Edinburgh. Local Branch C.C. (R.Ddelivery)

18/10/06 - Letter Received from HBOS as follows "your complaint will be passed to a Customer Services Manager....get back to you within 4 weeks"

01/04/07 Full Charges Received. Small Claims case won as bank failed to lodge defence. They initially refused to pay up and it was only through contact with a Sheriff Officer that they done so.

Case Closed - Hurrah

Thanks, I'll check over the history of the charges to see if they are only charged when the account was overdrawn.

Just checked statements and the account was always in overdraft before the Account Maintenance was applied. I will add this to the charges that I am claiming back and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

BOS Credit Card...........................Hearing Date 07/02/07

Full Settlement..............................13/02/07

BOS Bank Account .........................total charges £8,655.92

1st offer..............................................£1620.00 01/12/06 Rejected

2nd offer.............................................£3255.00 03/01/07 Rejected

Summary Action victory.................£1499.02 22/03/07

Full and Final offer............................£7,200 19/04/07

Pict...............

I have had the same thing, the £12 being for the Royalties Gold Acc then a £28 overdraft charge!

RBOS - 13/11/06 Preliminary approach for

repayment SENT awaiting reply

by 28/11/06 - claim £178

- 16/11/06 REPLY RECEIVED offering £150

- 19/11/06 Letter sent accepting offer, on the

condition that all pending charges be lifted.

- 22/11/06 Money in the bank! VICTORY!

HSBC - 20/11/2006 Preliminary approach for

repayment SENT awaiting reply

by 5/12/2006 - claim £320

Reply received offering £320 but by that stage charges were up to £350 and £125 pending. Requested £350 to be refunded and pending charges removed - DONE AND DUSTED on the 9/12/2006!!!