18th August 2013 14:09
Nurses working for ATOS
I have read a number of threads relating to Nurses who work in an assessment or advisory roll for ATOS. I enclose a copy of parts of their code of conduct which clearly state there duties to people under their care.
The following are the Nursing and Midwifery council rules for record keeping
Record keeping: Guidance for nurses and midwives
• 42. You must keep clear and accurate records of the discussions you have, the assessments you make, the treatment and medicines you give and how effective these have been
• 43. You must complete records as soon as possible after an event has occurred
• 44. You must not tamper with original records in any way
• 45. You must ensure any entries you make in someone's paper records are clearly and legibly signed, dated and timed
• 46. You must ensure any entries you make in someone's electronic records are clearly attributable to you
• 47. You must ensure all records are kept securely
This section relates to the nurses Duty of Care
Duty of Care
• 32. You must act without delay if you believe that you, a colleague or anyone else may be putting someone at risk
• 33. You must inform someone in authority if you experience problems that prevent you working within this code or other nationally agreed standards
• 34. You must report your concerns in writing if problems in the environment of care are putting people at risk
This section relates to Competence
• 38. You must have the knowledge and skills for safe and effective practice when working without direct supervision
• 39. You must recognise and work within the limits of your competence
• 40. You must keep your knowledge and skills up to date throughout your working life
• 41. You must take part in appropriate learning and practice activities that maintain and develop your competence and performance
In a number of recent treads Nurses have submitted reports based on assessments that have had major differences to the recordings. I refer you to the section on record keeping.
Nurses have also been made aware of changes made. See second section.
One nurse was reportedly acting as a Mental Health Advisor when she was employed by the local council to advise in family planning. Please read the section on competence .
The only comment I will make is How are they getting away with it ?
Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site
Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE