Amazon Logistics - delivery woes

captain_walker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are 306 posts in an Amazon Discussion thread most of it about woes experienced with Amazon Logistics deliveries to customers. See: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/rss/thread/Tx21J8C0QW4MWV8/ref=cm_cd_tp_mdb_feed

Amazon seems to be aware of the problem - but putting matters right is taking some time. In the mean time customers are fuming!

Please publicise this issue so we can gather more evidence about what's happening, and apply the right stimulus for change.

Theyre already sorting it out. What more do you want from them? Change isnt an overnight thing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Change is an overnight thing when I'm in charge - especially on an issue like that. They could contract me to fix their problems.

But at the moment I don't know the insides of Amazon operational issues. So it would be improper for me or anyone else to start making suggestions.

I'm not here to give you or Amazon a lecture on consumer satisfaction and quality indicators (Google is your friend - not me).

Amazon relies upon contracts. Lots and lots of contracts. TO change them, even as something as simple as changing courier requires research, negotiation, planning, agreements etc. Again, its not as simple as people make it out to be. Especially with a multi-billion pound company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ooooh.. blimey.. as if we couldn't appreciate the complexity of operational management.

That's the sort of management speak that promotes acceptism of poor service in this country. You sound like an Amazon employee - and you would deny it of course. Or perhaps Amazon would employ people with that sort of attitude I have to wonder? Well, it's strangely good for business - keeping cost down and knowing that the UK customer would simply accept that 'responsiveness in relation to operational and contractual difficulties in multi-billion pound companies will be slow'.

I'm coming to a conclusion that it is the attitude of acceptance of 'management speak' by customers that has RoB as it is. Well, I don't accept dressed up management excuses. It wouldn't happen in any organisation I run. I and I think Amazon et al should put their money where their mouth is - give people back their money lovingly when they don't perform.

All Prime customers who have been messed around should be give 'cash back'. Now that's what I call real responsiveness.

• 2 months later...

Right you are, Captain Walker. Renegadeimp is probably a paid internet shill who wrote, almost three months ago, that change is not an overnight thing.

We are near to 90 nights since his last post but amazon uk continues to impose the dreadful amazon logistics to customers and nothing changed.

Or, better saying, one thing changed: The forum complaining about amazon logistics has over 700 posts now, instead of

the 300 from mid august.

Why would you necro this post? Also, im far from any kind of a shill. You say there are 700 posts. There are hundreds of thousands of orders every day going through amazon. If you want to make a change, youd do better than personal attacks and random posts on message boards. The simple fact is Amazon, or even any company, will do whatever it takes to become bigger and make more profit.

If it doesnt achieve those goals, they change what they do.

I don't know what "necro this post" means but your very quick answer makes me even more sure that you might have a hidden agenda as you seem to be watching this site carefully in order to refute any attack to the very poor service provided by amazon logistics.

But if you are not an internet shill then it is worse because you are one of those passive customers who side with companies instead of other customers.

I praised amazon many times in comments and reviews. In addition, I had amazon prime membership and was very happy with it until the birth of "amazon's baby", that is, amazon logistics. I've been shopping constantly at Amazon UK in the past three years and sometimes had ten or more orders

delivered in a week. I never had an order that was sent back to the seller ( amazon uk ) as "undeliverable until now, when I had three serious problems with deliveries, two of them in a row. Guess who was the courier?

And don't be fooled by numbers. 700 posts mean that near 700 customers ( some write more than one post, as I did ) wrote posts about amazon logistics. It doesn't mean that they are the only ones. Many people don't

participate of internet forums. Apart from Amazon, I never wrote in internet forums before. I am writing here because what amazon uk is doing is absolutely immoral. They killed HMV, for example, and now that there is less competition they

are imposing to its customers the dreadful amazon logistics.

One last thing: Unlike passive customers seem to think, this is business. Amazon is not doing us a favour. They sell a product and the quality of their service got worse what is not acceptable because their service was better when they removed competitors such as HMV from the market. They have a moral, social and economical ( what about taxes ?) obligation to provide an excellent service and with amazon logistics is the opposite of excellence.

If you say so. Want to buy a tin foil hat? There are plenty on amazon :)

Right! Here's what's happening: THE PUBLIC will be treated to a LIVE VIDEO BROADCAST via the internet of the front of my home from 11:15 AM TODAY!!

You can text or email this link to anybody: http://ustre.am/16Ume OR the longer link is

[Please note that there may be an introductory advertisement for about a minute from Ustream, as the video broadcast starts]

You should test these links now (and leave discussion comments). Obviously at 10:25 AM when I post this there is only a blank screen, as the BROADCAST STARTS at 11:15 AM. I don't expect delivery of Amazon package to be before 13:00PM, but I'm taking no chances.

Ustream also records the footage which will be uploaded to YouTube if AL insists that they tried and failed to deliver (and no delivery person i.e. the ghost turned up).

Doing all this is at no additional cost for equipment or services - as I already have an Android phone, and my internet package is unlimited (paid for every month anyway).

Lucas, ignore the shill - the obvious agenda from the Amazon spy is to provoke someone to make a nasty remark, then the thread gets CAG-ed (i.e. pulled). It's a common strategy on forums - which we see into - no tin foil hat required, at all, to see that! :razz::wink:

Take a look at renegadeimp's many other posts and you will clearly see that is is not a shill working for Amazon. Please refrain from making unfounded allegations with no basis of proof.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ahh the old.. if the thread gets deleted then im telling the truth... comment.

Makes you wonder what reality these people live in.

Destructiveness is easy.

The issue will remain: that over 700 posts objectively speak of lies, deception and gross mismanagement - it is of such nature and degree that it matters not 'the company' that does this.

That it happens at all is the issue.

For the record, I have sent all to Watchdog three months ago. Has anyone seen a response from Watchdog on Amazon or Amazon Logistics?

So 700 POSTS ( not customers) have complained. Ok.

What about the millions of others that havent?

"What about the millions of others that haven't?"

Nothing. They're all happy - and we leave you to support them. :)

The inference is that a significant minority does not matter. Is that what consumer rights is about.

Take your principle that millions are treated good - same with the NHS - and that's their argument for allowing poor care and standards in for a minority of patients.

I am sorry, Renegadeimp, but I didn't get the reference to "tin foil hat". I don't know if it is an internet slang or what but I won't check. Maybe you could clear that for me?

Going to more relevant things: I write reviews on Amazon but I don't like internet forums and this is the first time I am participating of one. I am only writing here because I shop very often at Amazon, many times buying products related to my job, and I was hit really hard by the inefficiency of amazon logistics. In addition, I noticed that a large number of customers are also unhappy with amazon's courier. Considering that, the more noise is made about that dreadful courier the better.

You wrote, almost three months ago, that Amazon can't change things overnight. You replied twice to my first post directed to you but I am still waiting to know exactly how many days you think would qualify as not "overnight". So far we had almost 90 days and amazon did nothing about the matter.

In any case, independent of all your management explanations, there is one simple thing that amazon could have done: Send deliveries to unhappy customers through a different courier. Amazon has a contract with a number of couriers. When amazon logistics started to deliver orders to me I was receiving orders via three or four different couriers (all of them far better than amazon logistics). But all my past 15 or 20 orders were delivered only by amazon logistics and I had serious problems with three of them, besides minor problems with other orders.

Tin foil hat is a phrase that is at least 50 years old. Referring to random conspiracy theories and the reluctance of the claimer to hear any objections against their viewpoint.

The simple fact here with amazon, is the complaints are a very very VERY small amount compared to the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of customers that are perfectly happy with the way the company is ran. Remember, they can run the business how they like. People always have the option of shopping elsewhere.

God, you are fast! Thanks for the explanation. You see, I am a foreigner and never heard the expression "tin foil hat" before.

But I am still in the dark about your post. Why conspiracy theory? Who is talking about conspiracy theories? I complained about a poor courier service, an ordinary, non political matter.

My complaint is based on several bad experiences with amazon logistics, one of them being unique as I mentioned before: I never had, until amazon logistics started to deliver my orders, one single order that was considered "undeliverable" and my orders, only this year, fill 19 pages on "search orders".

"The reluctance to hear any objections"? I am all ears, mister. You wrote, almost 90 days ago, that amazon couldn't change things overnight so I asked how many days would qualify as not "overnight".

I considered your point of view but you didn't answer my question.

I have another question: Why, exactly, are you defending amazon on this courier matter? You see, I praised amazon many times but I see no excuse for what amazon logistics is doing to many customers, the ones that complained about it on the internet and the ones who don't bother to complain on forums. Maybe you could explain to me exactly why you think that it is acceptable that amazon imposes a courier to its customers despite the courier being clearly inferior to previous couriers and despite the fact that amazon still has contracts with other couriers.

But, please, I would like a clear explanation. The management jargon you used before is just muddy thinking to me and it doesn't penetrate my tin foil hat. Thanks in advance.

Of course im fast. I am on the website reading other threads, and your replies pop up in the notifications. I guess you dont know how a forum works, but thats for another topic.

You also keep repeating the same thing over and over ad infinitum, yet ive answered your question already and given a valid reason why things havent changed.

Its up to you whether you choose to believe it or not, but its very strange you created a brand new account and came to this specific forum simply to berate me for my advice on here.

Thanks for your light speed reply but the problem of being fast, I noticed many times, is that most people don't read posts before answering to them. They just browse through the posts and fill the blanks

with their own thoughts, what is exactly what you did. Otherwise you would know, as I wrote more than once, that I am writing in this forum for the sole purpose to complain about amazon logistics as shopping at amazon is a very important part of my life and is related to my job.

I didn't join the forum to criticise you. I joint the forum to criticise amazon and its courier but, as you are defending amazon , I addressed you. It doesn't really matter if you don't work for amazon because, the way you behave here, it is as if you do work for them so it is natural that people will address you when they complain about amazon. It might not be fair ( that is, if you are not an internet shill ) but it is a natural reaction.

You didn't answer my question but I will ask it again and leave the question on air. You wrote, on 18 august, that " Theyre already sorting it out. What more do you want from them? Change isnt an overnight thing."

Today is 09 november, 83 days later. Nothing changed so far and, in my case at least, things got worse because amazon logistics was only one of the couriers delivering my orders but since 17 october all my orders were delivered by amazon logistics and I had an undeliverable order, thing that never happened before.

So, renegadeimp, how many days would qualify for not being an "overnight" change?

This is a rhetorical question as I know you won't answer. I spent too much time here already and I don't have the time and don't see the purpose of writing here and on amazon as well so I will not be following this forum anymore . The forum is certainly important but my decision is a matter of personal priorities.

But, before leaving for good, I will add something different from amazon logistics here:

I found out that some sellers were complaining about the American amazon's high fees and considering taking their business somewhere else. They complained, a lot, about amazon on online sellers forums. Then guess what happened?

"The complaints became so raucous last year that the company took the forums down and re-launched them. The new forums let sellers give each other ratings for their posts - a move that some sellers viewed as a way to reduce extreme complaints."

That information is from Reuters ( you know, the news agency that is about 160 years old ) online, 18 march 2013.

Amazon deleted one of my reviews. I kept to the topic and I didn't use foul words or the like. Why they censored me then? Because I mentioned, in the review, that the amazon verified purchase label is a farce as they give it to

customers who write prescient reviews about films on discs that they do not have as the discs have not be released yet.

They do that because they think it will help to sell more. I think they are wrong but it doesn't matter. The fact is: Everything amazon does is to improve their profits. Nothing wrong with that, as long as they also consider the quality of their service.

and don't practice censorship.Unfortunately, censorship for economical reasons is a common practice of amazon.

They did offer an excellent sales service and managed, because of that, to eliminate competitors such as HMV. Now that they have less competitors, it seems that they don't care so much about providing the same quality of service, hence the imposition of this dreadful amazon logistics.

I hope they will fix things and was told by someone who works for amazon, during one of my complaints to them, that amazon was going to introduce a new delivery system where customers can choose the courier. I don't know if this is really true and how it will work if it does happen. If they really introduce this new system they I will join prime membership again and will not be complaining about amazon logistics anymore as I will never choose them as courier.

But there are lots of "ifs" on that scenario. What I know, for now, is that amazon logistics offers a very poor service and it is disgraceful that this consumer forum has members who try to justify , without a proper and exact explanation, amazon's lethargy on the matter.

Even though we disagree with each others opinions, this really isnt the right forum for the discussion.

You also state that this forum has members, i assume you mean me, that justifies amazons position. When in fact, i am simply stating the facts about how they do things. If you think they are acting illegally, report them. If you think their business practices need changing, write to the CEO or get some kind of petition going.

As i already stated way back in the thread, the number of complaints you state is absolutely miniscule compared to the amount of customers that are perfectly happy with what the company does. Remember, no matter how much we argue with each other over semantics and difference of opinion, they are a company and they will do whatever it takes to turn a profit. The fact that they are still turning over a decent profit, and receive very small amounts of complaints, is testament to their business practices.

You can claim whatever you want. The facts are still there right in front of you, and honestly i think you need to take it to a much more specialised forum, and not a general consumer forum which doesnt have power to change the way Amazon works.

Perhaps you could get the media involved, or get these people that made complaints to sign a petition and hand it to the CEO.

Either way, youll have much more success than arguing with random people on forums.

ok im just going to ask admin if theres any chance of locking the thread

renegadeimp is a valued member of the board as are around 99.9 percent of them

oddly enough that last .1% arnt trolls simply people who are unable to accept that although an issue may be pressing to them it is a small issue compared to many others, these people often seem to think that attacking one member will justify their point

as far as i can see this is a thread that needs no further advice, there is no way to force amazon to change their ways short of shopping and selling somewhere else

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks