Student Finance Advise

grace908
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Im not sure where I should be posting this but here goes.

I am a 2nd year mature student and last year got full dependents grants as I have two children, both of which need childcare while I study.

This yesr however I am having major problems in that Im apparently getting much less (nearly £7000) even though my income this year is actually lower than last.

If anyone had had the displeasure of dealing with the SFE advisors they will know how frustrating it is to get a straight answer on thresholds and entitlement.

I was wondering if anyone knows what calculation they use for the dependant grants so I can try and work out why its much less this year.

Im also really afraid that I must have had an overpayment last year since my income was higher but I got more.

I just cant get a straight answer out of SFE and the not knowing is driving me to distraction.

Any help massively appreciated.

Dizzy

• 1 year later...

Hi Dizzy,

I know this post is a month old now, so I don't know if you are still watching it, but what Grants are we talking about here? Do you receive Adult Dependants Grant and Parents Learning Allowance? I'm a little confused as I believe the maximum amount of both those would be less than 7k. Did you perhaps get Special Support Grant last year and not this?

Kind Regards,