Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder mickjo1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2010
    I am in
    middlesbrough

Default Non-stg

hi all can anyone help me i have just looked at my online bank and i can see a transaction for NON-STG TRANS FEE 0.49 and NON-STG PURCH FEE 1.00 can anyone tell me what the transactions are.if its any help i have signed up to a football forum what charged me $25.00 i dont know if its anything to do with that

regards
    michael.

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Default Re: Non-stg

Currency exchange fees.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder mickjo1 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2010
    I am in
    middlesbrough

thanks for clearing that up for me

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Quote Originally Posted by mickjo1 View Post
    thanks for clearing that up for me
    No problem!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder san_d Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mickjo1 View Post
    hi all can anyone help me i have just looked at my online bank and i can see a transaction for NON-STG TRANS FEE 0.49 and NON-STG PURCH FEE 1.00 can anyone tell me what the transactions are.if its any help i have signed up to a football forum what charged me $25.00 i dont know if its anything to do with that
    I am using halifaxicon (same group as Lloydsicon) for the first time I have the same breakdown of fee:

- NON-STG PURCH FEE CD 7412 DEB 1.50
    - NON-STG TRANS FEE 2.75% CD 7412 DEB 0.43

I have bought an item from the USA and previously I had a charge of 1.50, I don't understand the extra 0.43. Does this come from VISA or from the bank? Previous fees were marked as:
    - OVERSEAS TRANSACTI CD 7412 DEB 1.50

What gives?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Currency exchange charges!

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Yogeebare Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2014

Hi
    I hope this thread is still being read, but I have just had the same appear on a statement, however I appreciate an exchange rate when swapping currencies (i.e. GBP to USD) but my purchase was charged in Euros.
    Excuse me for being simple, but as Great Britain is part of Europe, whilst we have not accepted the Euro as our currency, it is still legal tender, and it does not seem any different to if I wanted to exchange Scottish pounds to English pounds.

Is this just another instance of the banks ripping us off?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Hi, welcome to CAGicon.
    The Euro is not a UK currency and has an exchange rate, so exchange fees will be payable on any transaction Euro to Pound, Pound to Euro.

As far as I am aware some traders have agreed to accept Euros but the amount will be adjusted on payment, not legal tender though I think.

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE