Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Temmy99 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

Default Final Decision letter - HSBC/PPI

I initially sent off a standard letter to HSBCicon explaining that I wanted to make a complaint about the misspelling of PPIicon on my loan and I got a letter back with the PPI reference numbers of two loans (I thought I only had one loan with them but then remembered that I have taken one out previously, paid that off then got another one) with a questionnaire.

I completed the questionnaire to the best of my ability as I hardly have any information of the loans now and I also mentioned that I have a credit card with them although I don't know the PPI reference number to that. A few days ago I got this response (in summary) ......having taken the opportunity to review the records we hold in relation to this matter, unfortunately I am unable to support your complaint.

Our records show that in xxxxxxx you applied for an unsecured Personal Loan. The monthly payments included an optional Personal Loan Protection plan which is designed to repay your monthly loan repayments in the event of sickness, accident or redundancyicon.

It goes on to say that I received a product information pack which confirmed that the plan was optional and I had a period of 30 day in which I could have cancelled so they believe that adequate steps had been taken to make me aware of the PPI on my loan. In regards to the second loan.....while I do not agree with the points you made and will not be upholding your complaint, I am conscious that the premiums you paid totals 342.32........

I am prepared to offer to refund this premium as a gesture of goodwill.........as I am offering to refund the premium it is not my intention to respond specifically to the individual issues raised. Nothing was mentioned about my credit card but the last paragraph states that .......this is our final decision letter.

if you remain dissatisfied you have the right to refer this matter to the fosicon .Is it too late to do what I should have done first and request for a SARicon? I am still none the wiser as to the details of the loans and when I actually took out the credit card which is more than ten years ago. Things are just quite tight and depressing at the moment but I have this sinking feeling that this is going to be a long drawn battle.

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Default Re: Final Decision letter - HSBC/PPI

What reasons did you give for the mis-sale on the loans?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

the reason I gave were that I don't remember it being explained to me at the time and also that I was a student at the time so not sure it was appropriate for me but the date given for when I took out the loan shows that I had already left full time education so I think I have made a serious mistake there

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Not necessarily... you may have not had a job having just left education?

In any event, not being given all of the information to make an informed decision is a good pointer to a mis-sale.

In addition, the handbook published by the FSA (as it was) clearly states that simply giving people a 30 day cancellation period is not sufficient to cement a good sale.

This is from that handbook....

3.3.6 G The firm should not reject a complaint because the complainant failed to exercise
    the right to cancel the policy.
    Have a nose through Appendix 1 of the handbook which you can find in the PPIicon stickies. There will be some more useful information which you can use to challenge their decision.

When you write to them with your challenge tell them that of they do not refund all of your money and the appropriate interesticon you will be lodging a formal complaint with fosicon which will cost them another 850

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

thank you for this information but could you please help clarify a few things which I need to do. Should I still contact HSBCicon even though they have issued their final decision letter? Also, there was no mention of the credit card PPIicon, should I ask for details of this and deal with this separately? thank you for your prompt responses.

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

If it were me I would challenge the bank first. We have seen cases on here where they have changed their minds following people sticking to their guns. If they refuse to look at the matter again or indeed say that they are sticking by their decision then get the complaint in to fosicon.

The credit card PPIicon is technically a distinct claim from the loans and should be treated as a separate issue. Is their 8 weeks up for the investigation of the card PPI? If it is then you can go to fos or give the bank a stiff reminder reminder that they have failed under the time limits set by the regulator and that you demand a response in 7 days.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

On the questionnaire sent to me by the bank.

I mentioned the two loans and the credit card reference numbers together, which was more than 8 weeks ago
    but not clear whether the credit card was overlooked as there was no mention of it in their response.

However, I feel that I need to tread carefully considering I hardly have any documentary evidence to date as I currently have a dmpicon in place
    which has been running since 2006.

Also the bank has only offered to refund the paid premium of one of the loans and not the other.

A lot of questions are going through my head and I do apologise for bombarding you with my numerous questions but before I go any further,
    should I ask the bank for details of both loans and credit card details if necessary sending them a 10 fee?

Also as the loans and credit card are two different aspects will I have to send separate fees for these?

I am ever so grateful for your generous and quick advice to my thread. thank you

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

If you are sending a Subject access requesticon and all the loans/credit cards are with the one Bank, then it is just the one 10.00 fee.

The more information you can give them the better, so if you have ALL the account numbers - supply them. However, they should be able to retrieve this data, with just your name and address or just one account number.

Don't be concerned about asking lots of questions.. best to be absolutely sure of what you are doing, before you do it

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

Thank you for that. I just have one more question (for now!), where do I send the letter to? Is it the complaint section of the bank or to their registered office? thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

hope your dmpicon is not a fee paying one?

sent the SARicon to the data compliance address

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

dmpicon is with the CCCS so not fee paying, I will find HSBCicon's data compliance address and send SARicon, once received I will let you know what I find before going further with complaint. Thanks heaps for all the help.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

HSBC BANK PLC
    8 CANADA SQUARE
    LONDON
    E14 5HQ

For Subject Access Requests, head your letters to the Data Compliance Team or Manager

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

UPDATE ON SARicon SENT TO HSBCicon

I recieved a phone callicon from HSBC confirming that they had recieved my SARicon and wanted to know what I needed the information for.

I told them that I wanted to have some records of the accounts I held with them and more importantly when the accounts were opened (credit cards and loans)

the gentleman said that they could supply that information at no cost to me and that my postal order would be returned.

Two days ago I received a letter stating that they no longer had a copy of my signed agreement (credit card)
    but they enclosed a copy of the terms and conditions of the card that I had taken out at the time
    and on their letter it stated that the credit card was taken out in 1994.

I have kept the account up to date until 2006, when I had to go on a dmpicon due to personal reasons but this is still being paid.

I have not recieved the postal order neither have I received any details of the 2 loans that I took out.

What should I do now.

please help,

if there is any chance that I could claim something back then it will be worth chasing up or I should put it down to just my luck.

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

all you simply do is click on the link at the top of your alert emails to reply [yes you got it right]

you really should not be conversing on the phone

that's what causes these issues.

anyhow

still got his name and number?

you need to state quite clearly that an SARicon is an official legal request

and must be complied with.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

Got myself in a right mess now. Number given was a switchboard. When I finally got through,told that the letter sent had advised that they did not hold any info beyond 6 yearsicon. i told the man that I shouldnt have to explain myself to him but basiically, the SARicon had requested for all documentations on the account not limited to a specific time period. He then said I should write in again explaining that the information sent was insufficient. Writing the letter now.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE